I’m a 38-year-old dad, and I’m obsessed with my iPhone’s parental controls. No, it’s not because my kids use my phone to view questionable YouTube videos. It’s because I can’t stop myself from reading articles about Donald Trump.
Although I’ve spent years perfecting the art of wresting back control from my iPhone, the 45th president has turned the 24/7 news cycle into a bottomless source of distraction. And while initially, I tried to rely on just my willpower to check out, there’s a lot of evidence that it’s a deplete-able resource. I needed something more forceful, more preventative… like the types of restraints aimed at children.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Tap Settings > General > Restrictions
- Set your Restrictions Password
- Tap Enable Restrictions, then enter a new Restrictions passcode.
- Tap Websites under Allowed Content
- Tap Limit Adult Content (the irony of considering News as Adult Content is not lost upon me)
- Tap Add a Website under Never Allowed
- Type the URL of the website you wish to block in the Website field.
- Repeat Step 7 until you’ve added all of your news sites. I only kept the New York Times, in the event there was calamity requiring my attention.
Who said adulting was hard?
This post first appeared on MMO, Gaming, SEO, Tech, Reviews, News: Gameforumer, please read the originial post: here