On the auspicious occasion of Janmashtami this year, let us all remember our God in a different way this year which will make him happy in a true sense. Let us a give a look to some facts About Janmashtami that will really make you surprise.
Interesting facts About Janmashtami are:
1. Lord Krishna birth is celebrated in India every year. A decorative and beautiful Cardle with baby Krishna is placed and people swing the cardle, sings Bhajans, recite prays and celebrate this with joy.
2. Being the land of diverse cultures, Janmashtami celebration in Singapore is worth watching. Seragoon Road turns into the busiest spot during the festival. Shree Lakshmi Narayan Temple located at Chander Road is a place where Janmashtami is celebrated. While religious processions are carried out to mark the birth of the lord, it’s the ‘Krishna Chanting competition’ that is one of the most unique features of Janmashtami festivity in Singapore.
3. For Indians, the festival of Lord Krishna birth’s Janmashtami is like a gala celebration over a week or so in the most famous temples in the cities and especially those located in Mathura and Vrindavan – the land of Lord Krishna.
4. Temples celebrating Janmashtami are illuminated with lights, decked up with flowers, decorations and it just looks like a birthday party of a newborn.
5. At many cities,Dahi Handi competitions held. Because as you know in childhood Lord Krishna loved butter so much. He used to stole Makkan. So thats why The ceremony of Dahi Handi includes an earthen pot containing butter, ghee, dry fruits and milk that is tied to a tope and hung at a great height about 20-40 feet. Climbing on each other, young men make human pyramids to reach to this Dahi Handi and break it.
6. Janmashtami is celebrated in Nepal also. There are many Krishna devotees. They celebrate the festival at Lord Krishna famous temple old ‘Patan Durbar Square’ with full energy.
7. Janmashtami is also known as Gokulashtami and Krishnastami.
8. Krishna in Sanskrit means ‘black’ is evidence Lord Krishna of dark complexion. They were not of blue color.9. As lots of Indians lives in US, So it is equally celebrated there as like India. Regions where it is celebrated includes New York, Orlando, California.
10. In Bangladesh, the day is observed as a National Holiday. The procession starts from the Dhakeshwar Temple in Dhaka and proceeds through the streets of the Old Dhaka.
Let’s enjoy this festival with full energy and happiness. Share this article if you love it.
The post Interesting facts About Janmashtami – Everybody Must Know appeared first on MindGoCrazy.