Maha Shivratri, the “great night of Shiva” is a great Hindu festival largely celebrated in India. The festival is celebrated on the new moon day in the month of Maagha according to the Hindu calendar. It is the day Shiva was married to the Godess Parvati. This year Shivratri is coming on 24 February. Those who celebrate this festval must aware about the Facts about Maha Shivratri.
Here are facts about Maha Shivratri :
1. As Per Vikram Samvat, Mahashivaratri falls on the moonless 14th night (Krishna Paksh) of the Phalgun Maas(month), which corresponds to the month of February – March in English Calendar.
2. Lord Shiva married Parvati on this great day.
3. Maha Shivratri is the favorite night of Lord Shiva.
4. On this night Shiva performed the Tandava dance, the furious dance of all creation and destruction in the Universe.
5. Maha Shivratri is a special night for unmarried women, who want a husband like Lord Shiva.
6. Devotees get liberation from their sins and and obtain peace if they take the name of Lord Shiva during this auspicious night.
7. Millions of people visit the 12 Jyotirlinga Shiva temples or their local temples to offer prayers and witness the Rudra Abhisekham of Lord Shiva on this night.
8. Maha Shivratri, the Great festival is celebrated in many countries across the globe and not just in India.
9. According to the Shiva Purana, six items form an indispensable part of Mahashivratri puja.
10. There are clear instructions in the Shiv Purana about the ingredients to be used for worshipping the Lingam on the great day, and their specific benefits.
As Indian’s you must know about these facts about Maha Shivratri. Let’s share this article with friends, family.
The post Facts about Maha Shivratri That Everyone Should Know appeared first on MindGoCrazy.