There is no doubt as Nintendo Switch was the biggest success last year in the gaming market. Nintendo is famous for doing things differently, and once again they amazed most of us. You can enjoy your games anywhere with your Switch. The device features a 6.2-inch screen along with two removable Joy-Con controllers which can be used to play solo or shared with another player. So, if you have recently bought a Nintendo Switch or grabbed one, here are some tips and tricks to make your Nintendo Switch better.
Pair Joy-Cons With Mac, Android Phone
It might be the greatest thing on Switch. You will be able to pair the Joy-Cons with your Mac or Android phone. If you are using a Windows computer, you will need a third-party app for the controls to work accurately. All you need is holding down the sync button at top of the controllers for a few seconds and then wait till they are paired together using Bluetooth connection. There will be the lights flashing on them while they are on the process of pairing.
Keep Tracking Of Game Time
Some of you usually lose the track of time while you are playing. But with the help of this trick, you will be able to check the time you have been immersed in games. Take look on the left-hand side of the Switch home, you will see your Mii picture on top. Simply click on your picture to open Profile and check how long you have been playing games.
Add Friends To Enjoy Online Games
There is nothing better than playing games with your friends. Nintendo Switch allows you to play the online games supporting Switch for free. You can easily add friends who are also playing games on Nintendo consoles by using a ‘Friend Code’, including a 12 digit unique number. You can find the code on Profile Page and then follow these below steps to add friend:
- Head to Profile Settings
- Click on Add Friend and you will see three options
- Search for Local Users to locate friends on the same Wi-Fi network
- Look for Users you Play With to locate the friends that have played earlier. You can also choose Search With Friend Code if you want to enter the unique code of a friend.
- Click Send Friend Request
Change Profile Avatar
Nintendo Switch lets you change your avatar. To do so:
· Click on your icon and head to Profile.
· Choose User Settings
· Click on Editand choose from the list of Nintendo characters or create your own Mii.
Save/Delete Credit Card Info
Nintendo Switch now allows you to save your credit card info on the Switch eShop. All you need is checking the Save box while typing in your credit card details when purchasing a game. After you complete the remaining process to finish shopping games, your card details will be saved for future purchases. You can also delete the credit card information any tine if you want.
- From Home Menu, launch Nintendo eShop
- Click the Nintendo Account, containing your credit card information
- Click on your icon picture to reveal the Account Information
- Under Credit Card Information, take look at the last four digits, name of cardholder as well as the expiry date of your saved card
- Click on Delete and confirm your choice.
Create A New Mii
Another tip you can do with Nintendo Switch is creating a customized Mii for you. To do so:
- Go to Settings and click on Mii
- Choose Create/Edit a Mii
- Click on Create New Mii and start from Scratch
- Choose your Gender and then select the features of your Mii
- Enter a Nickname for your new Mii
- Next click Done
Don’t you locate the Joy-Cons? They might be tiny. But you can easily locate them when they are in range.
- Go to Controllers > Find Controllers and click on the Joy-Con you want to find.
Connect Headset Or USB Keyboard
The Nintendo Switch comes with 3 USB ports for the peripherals. But you should remember that you are not able to use the keyboard controls to play the game through the Nintendo Switch. There are still many PS4 headsets working well when plugged into the Nintendo Switch. If you are on the go, you can also use a USB-C adapter to connect a Bluetooth headset or make use of an audio jack. There is even a voice chat option when you play your games on Android and iOS app.
Joy-Con Works As A Wii Remote
Another cool trick of Nintendo Switch is that you can use the Joy-Con as a remote for Wii. There are many motion control games like World of Goo, which can serve pretty well for this trick. The game prompts you to lay your Joy-Con on a flat surface towards the screen. There will be an on-screen cursor and you have to use it as a Wii remote.
We’re sure you have sometimes faced some problems with a frozen screen while using your Nintendo Switch. In such cases, here is what you should do:
- The first solution is holding the Power button for 4 seconds. You will then see the Power Menu option. Just select Restart. Tapping on this will reboot your device and after it boots up again, you can play your games as usual.
- If the first solution doesn’t help you and the Power Menu doesn’t appear, you need to long press the Power button for around 15 seconds until you see the screen goes OFF. After waiting for one-two minutes, simply power it up again.
These are some nifty tips and tricks that you can do with your Nintendo Switch. Hope you will enjoy playing games on your device more and more.
This post first appeared on Techaroid - Howto Guides & Tech Tricks, please read the originial post: here