Do you feel bored with the default Notification sound on your Android phone? You want to brighten your phone up with something more fun. Here is a step-by-step guide to change the notification tones on your Android phone. This tutorial will instruct for default sound, WhatsApp tone, and Facebook Messenger tone.
How To Change default Android notification tone
All Android devices are set a default notification sound for a specific app. If you want to change the sound, simply do the following step:
• Launch Settings app on your home screen
• Tap on Sound icon
• Tap on Default notification sound.
Here you will see a list of different notification sounds. Choose a tone to listen to it and then tap OK. That's it!
Depending on the version and the manufacturer of your Android phone, the name for the setting may be a little different.
For the older models running Android 6.0 or lower, launch the Android settings then choose Tones and notifications then Ringtone.
How to Change WhatsApp notification sounds
WhatsApp also has its own notification sounds, but you can easily change them if you like. Here is how you can change it in WhatsApp:
• Launch WhatsApp.
• Tap on the three dots button to open the menu at the top right corner.
• Tap on Settings > Notifications.
Now you will see a list of different ringtones. Choose your favorite sound then confirm your choice. If you don't like the available choices, you can also create your own sounds.
Also see: How to Show Wi-Fi Passwords on Android
How to change notification tones on Facebook Messenger
One of the most popular chat apps, Facebook Messenger also has its own standard tone to distinguish other apps. But, it still allows you to change the ringtone of Facebook Messenger after the installation. To do so,
• First, tap on your profile picture at the top corner.
• Now, choose Notification tone.
• Select a pre-selection ringtone.
As Facebook Messenger is pre-installed a number of tones, so the app does not allow you to use your own custom sounds. If you use Facebook Messenger Lite, you won’t even be able to change the tone of the app. But you can set your phone to only vibrate without sound or only use the LED notification. Furthermore, there won’t be the customized notifications for individual chats and groups in Facebook Messenger.
How to create your own Android notification tones
You don’t have tight your Android device into the stock Android ringtones, you can easily create and use your own. To do this,
• Connect your Android phone to your computer,
• Go to the main folder of the internal memory
• Head to the Notifications folder. If it doesn't exist, you can easily create one.
• Copy your sound files into the folder and you will then see them on your phone. You can also use Zedge apps from Google Play Store, which comes with a lot of notification tones for free.
Do you feel good with your default notification tones? Will you try to create the new ones? Let us know in the comments below.