Make a Weblog
If you’re looking to find perfect stock photos for your blog post, you’ve come to the right place. To help you find them, I’ve compiled a list of the best sites that have free images you will actually want to use on your blog.
Understanding Image Licensing
Before we get started, here is a quick look at some License types that you might see on images.
- Rights Managed (RM): With rights-managed (RM) license, you buy a license to use the image in a particular context and for a limited period. Pricing is usually based on several factors, including how long the image can be used, where it can be used, image size, image resolution and the type of media in which it can appear.
- Royalty Free (RF): With this license, once you buy the image, you are free to use the image as much as you want in any creative project. It often imposes a few restrictions on the use of the image, so you must follow any guidelines outlined in the royalty-free licence agreement.
- Creative Commons Images: There are six main types of creative commons licences, each with different rights and limitations that the person using the image must follow. While not all CC images are free to use in blog posts, it’s best to pay attention to the type of license the image holds.
- Public Domain Images: Public domain images are blogger-friendly. Images can be used freely for any personal or commercial use without any costs – no restrictions, no copyright claim.
Best Sites to Find Free Photos for your Blog
Note: Some sites requires you to create a free account.
When using Google image search:
Google Image Search tool is a great source for bloggers to find free Images. It gives you the ability to narrow down images that you can use for free.
- Search for images in Google as usual.
- When results are displayed, click on Tools.
- Click on Usage Rights and select either Labeled For Reuse With Modification or Labeled For Reuse.
When using Bing image search:
- Search for images by entering a keyword.
- When results are displayed, click on License.
- On a dropdown menu, Select Free to share and use.
When using Compfight:
Compfight is a Flickr search engine that uses the Flickr API to find images based on your license needs.
When using Compfight, be sure to narrow down your search results by either Creative Commons or Commercial-Use to ensure you’re not picking up copyrighted images.
Note: When you’re searching for images online, always make sure you read and follow the restrictions on a particular image before using it, so you don’t accidentally don’t violate image copyright laws.
Good luck with your image search.
The post 24 Best Sites To Find Free Images for Your Blog appeared first on Make a Weblog.