If you have remembered in the previous post, I talked about create passive income from a blog by creating and selling e-books. In this post, I will explain step by step process to create and sell e-books.
Before I will do that, let me motivate you; why you should create e-books as a blogger?
So as you can see we have a lot of benefits of selling or giving ebooks free to either generate some extra income or to get more subscribers. Some of the bloggers who are successfully creating and selling e-books:
Harsh Agarwal – Affiliate Handbook –
This is a handbook ebook for affiliate blogger. He sells it at $9.99 per copy.
Amit Singla E-book to attract Subscribers –
Amit Singla created an ebook for his blog to attract subscriber and give it for free.
Shalu Sharma E-book for travellers –
Shalu created a lot of e-book about Indian culture and travellers and it is selling very well.
Jane Sheeba E-book –
Jane Sheeba also created an e-book for her readers about blogging and sell it on Amazon Kindle.
So now I hope you must have got some fair idea about ebooks and their benefits. Let’s see in detail how to create an e-book in simple steps:
#1 Create a word document of your content –
The first step would be to decide the topic of the ebook, template and pictures. You need to make sure you follow guidelines and make it attractive and SEO friendly. If you do not have Microsoft office, you can use Openoffice to create the document.
It is free and you can easily convert your document to pdf format. You can refer below post to understand the guidelines for starters.It is free and you can easily convert your document to pdf format. You can refer below post to understand the guidelines for starters:
How to Create an Ebook From Start to Finish
# Publish Your E-book
Once your book is ready, you can have two options:
#1 Give it free to subscribers – You can create an opt-in form to let user subscribe to your blog. You can use e-mail responder to send automated e-book to viewer once they will subscribe to your blog.
You can follow below steps to send automated e-book through Mailchimp.
Some of the recommended e-mail marketing tools which can send automated e-book after subscription:
#2 Sell it on Amazon and Kindle – Once your e-book is ready, you can start selling it to Amazon and other platforms to earn money.
You can easily setup to sell your e-book on Amazon and Kindle. You can get up to 70% of the sale price in most of the country. Amazon will keep remaining 30% as service charge.
Except Amazon, there are other third party vendors are also available who can help you to sell your e-book. Harsh Agarwal uses Gumroad to sell his Affiliate e-book. They charge 5%+$0.25 as a service charge for each sale.
You can also use tools like Payhip, Lulu, Smashwords etc to sell your e-books. Please refer this post for a complete list of vendors providing service to sell your e-book.
Here is a comparison of Amazon with other third party e-book seller:
|Amazon E-book seller||Other E-book seller|
|Easy to setup and embed in your blog||Require little more effort and time to setup|
|Amazon charges more commision to sell your e-books||These vendors will charge of much less compared to amazon|
|Amazon lets you to reach a bigger audience||These vendors can only helps you to sell e-books from your blog and you may miss Amazon kind of brand|
#3 How to Promote your E-books –
Once your e-book is published, the next step is to promote and make sure everyone is aware of it. So how you will do that?
# Sell it on your Blog – The best place to promote your e-book is your blog. Publish it on right side widget bar and post it.
# Send an email to your Subscriber – Send an email notification to all your subscriber to let them now about the e-book.
#Promote via social media – Make sure you create a buzz about your e-book on your social media. Promote it to your followers on social media.
#Give it to your fellow bloggers for review – You can also give some free copies to your fellow trusted bloggers and asked them to review it and publish to their blog.
How to Create and Sell E-books [Infographic] https://t.co/h8KgSzivcr aphic/ #ebook #kindle #Amazonvia @ravisinghblog
— ravisinghblog (@ravisinghblog) January 19, 2016
Every blogger should create an e-book sooner or later. This not only builds more confidence in you as an author but also fetch some extra income. You just need right idea and tool to create an e-book and sell.
If not for commercial, you can always create free e-books to get more subscribers and create the trust for your readers.
Please do let me know what is your opinion about E-book? You can always contact me if you need any help in creating or marketing for your e-books.