Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Passenger’s headphones explode suffered burns to her face

The Australian woman, whose name was not released, had fallen asleep on the flight from Beijing to Melbourne on February 19.

Passenger’s headphones explode suffered burns to her face


She was awoken by a loud bang two hours into the journey, which turned out to be her battery-operated Headphones exploding.
‘I just grabbed my Face which caused the headphones to go around my neck,’ the woman was quoted as saying in a statement from the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB).
‘I continued to feel burning so I grabbed them off and threw them on the floor. They were sparking and had small amounts of fire.’
Flight attendants quickly reacted to the explosion by pouring a bucket of water on the headphones so no further damage was caused.
But passengers were ‘coughing and choking’ for the rest of the flight, according to the woman.
Investigators believed the headphone batteries caught fire, which resulted in an explosion.
Writer: Jimmy Nsubuga for Metro.co.uk


This post first appeared on Grabey | Weird News, Funny News, Strange News, Anything, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Passenger’s headphones explode suffered burns to her face

×

Subscribe to Grabey | Weird News, Funny News, Strange News, Anything

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×