There has been lot of misinformation about the amount of Motes of Light required to upgrade weapons and armor parts, so here's a list to clarify.
- PlanetDestiny Items DB
- DestinyPedia - Mote of Light
An introduction to MoL
Motes of Light can be acquired by many means throughout the game, including gaining experience after reaching level 40, decrypting engrams and completing rewarding tedious Nightfall strikes. With the launch of The Taken King, Motes can be consumed to gain experience points and Upgrade your gear. One mote grants exactly 1500 XP points towards any kind of weapon or armor upgrade simultaneously - that is, every piece of gear receives 1500 XP points every time you burn a mote. This is without question the fastest way to upgrade things.
How many motes do I need?
These are the experience points and motes required to fully upgrade anything.
- The number of motes is rounded up to the next integer
- Legendary Helmets, Gauntlets and Leg pieces have 4 upgrade columns, while Chest pieces have 5
- Every type of Raid armor has 5 upgrade columns (hence the different requirements)
- Exotic armor parts require more experience
- There's a slight difference between different types of Special Weapons, so consider the following amount of XP as a "up to x"
- For the sake of clarity, the number of motes needed is obtained simply by dividing the amount of experience by 1500
Same requirements as Legendary weapons!
So that's it guys. Hope you find this Guide useful
For more Destiny tips and guides, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.co/webjunkiesblog.
Credits: Special thanks to Othrandor for this guide.
This post first appeared on Web Junkies | Video Games, Technology And The Inte, please read the originial post: here