So if you are interested in knowing how headshots works in The Division or, how it's being calculated to be specific, then check out our brief guide below about it.
Headshot Damage Formula= B * (1 + G) * (K + M + N + T)
- B = body shot damage
- G = gear set headshot multiplier (i.e., sentry 2-piece)
- K = 1 for MMRs, 1.5 for SMGs, 1.75 for ARs, 1.8 for SGs, and 2 for LMGs & Pistols
- M = headshot bonus damage from mods
- N = native headshot bonus damage (0% except for MMRs)
- T = headshot bonus from brutal
What to take away from this?
- 2-piece sentry's is multiplicative with not only base damage, but also native and mod and talent (e.g., deadly) headshot dmg enhancements. i.e., it makes your HS mods and native HS (on MMRs) 1.3x more effective. No wonder 2-piece sentry is so widely used.
- So is base damage. So 1% more base damage is more valuable than 1% more HS dmg (since base damage applies to all hits, and HS dmg only applies to HS hits, obviously).
- NOTE: The character sheet's headshot damage bonus is bugged for MMRs! In the example below, the total bonus is calculated as 401.7% and this is what actually happens when shooting the target. But the character sheet incorrectly reports just 367%!
AUG with +22% HS damage scope and 2-piece sentry and 24.5% deadly:
- B = 11,577 (BoO AUG w/2968 firearms at shooting range's closest target)
- G = 0.3
- K = 1.5
- M = 0.22
- N = 0
- T = 0.245
HS Damage = 11577 * (1 + 0.3) * (1.5 + 0.22 + 0 + 0.245) = 29,573
M1A with +21.5 HS damage scope and 2-piece sentry and 24.5% deadly:
- B = 45,115 (M1A w/45.1k DMG @ 2968 firearms at shooting range's closest target)
- G = 0.3
- K = 1
- M = 0.215
- N = 1.63
- T = 0.245
HS Damage = 45115 * (1 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.215 + 1.63 + 0.245) = 181,227
So that's how simple it is to calculate headshot Damage. For those hardcore players out there who fancy this game a lot, then you've just have learn how to compute headshot damage :).
For more Tom Clancy's: The Division tips and guides, come and join our facebook gaming community @ facebook.com/webjunkiesblog.
This post first appeared on Web Junkies | Video Games, Technology And The Inte, please read the originial post: here