Kalo Jaam is a popular cheese based dessart to Indians. I've a very easy and shortcut recipe for this delicious sweet.
Chana or cheese - 1 cup
Wheat Flour - 1.2 cup
Khoya - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Backing Powder - 1/4 tsp
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Milk Cream - 1/4 tsp
Water - 2 tbsp
Ghee - 1 cup(for fry)
Sugar - 3 cups
Water - 3 cups
Cardamom pod - 1 large
HOW TO COOK
- At first make the syrup.
- Add 3 cup sugar and cardamom pod in 3 cup water and boil for 5 minutes.
- After that off the heat and keep the syrup Medium hot. Add saffron.
- Now make the kalo jaam.
- Crushed and make powder the khoya and mix with chana properly.
- Take wheat flour in a another bowl and mix ghee well.Add backing soda.
- Add cardamom powder and sugar.
- Now add the chana and make a soft dough with water.knead with hand properly.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the balls in medium flame till it become golden brown in color.
- Now let the jamuns soak in syrup for 4 hours.
- Before serving the jamuns add some milk cream.