One of the motoring calendar’s key events kicks off today as the Geneva Motoring Show gets underway in Switzerland. The exhibition – the largest of its kind in Europe – is where all the top makers get a chance to debut their new concepts, and well as reveal the new production vehicles ahead of their rollouts to showrooms across the continent.
The show has been running since 1905, and takes place annually at Geneva’s Palexpo exhibition centre. This year’s edition will be the 87th and opens today to the public after several days of private press screenings.
With the big reveals only a few days away, many of the big manufacturers have released tantalising titbits pre-show about what we can expect to see.
Highlights will include the reveal of the new Renault Alpine A110, SEAT’s all-new Ibiza supermini, the Range Rover Velar SUV and the facelift of the ever-popular Nissan Qashqai. Add in the usual bumper collection of Geneva Motor Show supercars and models fettled by the various tuning houses and you have a recipe that will have the car enthusiasts foaming at the mouth.
Here are a few of the most fascinating snippets we’ve heard so far:
- Alpine A110– Renault’s sports car sub-brand to be reborn with all new A110, 56 years on from the original car’s introduction.
- Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport– Vauxhall to go push further upmarket with plush four-door coupe.
- Volkswagen Arteon– New VW saloon to replace Passat CC will take on BMW 4 Series Gran Coupe.
- SEAT Ibiza– New SEAT supermini to get fresh looks ahead of all-new Arona crossover.
- Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross– All-new crossover will inject some style into Mitsubishi’s range and take on the Qashqai.
- Nissan Qashqai facelift– Britain’s best-selling crossover to get minor styling tweaks but big tech upgrades.
- Range Rover Velar– Geneva reveal likely for new Range Rover bridging the gap between Evoque and Range Rover Sport.
- Ferrari 812 Superfast– Ferrari’s replacement for the F12 has a 6.5-litre V12 and 789bhp.
- Ford Fiesta ST– Next generation Ford hot hatch gets cleaner 1.5-litre three cylinder engine with 197bhp.
- DS 7 Crossback– DS range to sprout Range Rover Evoque rival with hybrid power and autonomous tech.
- Volvo XC60– New Volvo five seat SUV set to inherit on XC90 looks and equally plush cabin.
For affordable, convenient and top quality car servicing from industry professionals choose Servicing Stop – All offers include FREE car collection and delivery plus a 12-month parts and labour guarantee!