I love the fresh flavors of summer. My Mediterranean Skillet Chicken dish is easy, fresh, and satisfying. It has me wishing I was back in Santorini eating a good meal from the locals. This dish will have to fulfill my cravings for a good Greek meal for now.
If you have a grill, prepare the Chicken there (apartment living = no yard and no grill). I have to settle for the skillet because there is no way I’m turning on the oven in this heat. Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, mint, red onion, feta, and a little lemon zest seasoned with salt and pepper is all you need for an amazing dish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, shredded
- zest from half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese crumbles
- *lemon slices for garnish
- Add olive oil and chicken breasts to a skillet, cover and cook on a low to medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare you vegetables and add tomatoes, cucumber, onion, mint, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Flip your chicken breasts and cook for another 10 minutes covered. Remove the lid and cook for an additional 5 minutes uncovered.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to individual plates or a platter and serve with lemon slices, top with the vegetable mixture and sprinkle feta over the entire dish.
Well that was easy! This would also work well with fish or seafood.
You and your family will be in the clean plate club with this meal.
Make it, try it, and love it! If you make this recipe be sure to snap a picture on Instagram and use the hashtag #HandHFood.