Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken sponsors this recipe and blog post, all opinions are my own.
Juicy chicken breasts, spicy jalapenos, garlic, melted extra sharp cheddar, and cream cheese… are you drooling yet? There is also Spanish smoked paprika and bacon too. It’s wholesome comfort food done right, a new kind of comfort food you can eat regularly.
Recently I started cutting carbs out of my diet, not all carbs but complex carbs. This means my old ideas of comfort food (pasta, chips, and French fries) just aren’t my friends anymore. I amped up the amount of protein and dairy I’m eating. The goal with this is to get back some of my energy, my figure, and feel healthier. I stick to the outside aisles of the grocery store, just meat, fruits, vegetables, and dairy. I eat a lot of chicken and I’m okay with that. Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken to be exact.
There are hundreds of recipes out there involving chicken and I’m proud to add this creation of mine to the mix. It’s a foolproof meal any level cook can make at home and a recipe you’ll make over and over again. Preparing a meal is a relaxing time for me; it means a break is near and that I get to just sit down with Adam. We both work from home on most days so we don’t have a specific dinnertime; I look forward to mealtime.
Serve this up alone or with your favorite side. I’ve been eating a lot of broccoli/cauliflower mashes lately. Brussels sprouts are about to be in season too, consider this to be a perfect main to go along with some crispy sprouts.
Shopping for Foster Farms means you’ll be getting a high quality ingredient you can feel good about eating and sharing with your loved ones. Locally grown on the West Coast, Foster Farms Simply Raised is antibiotic free and 100 percent vegetarian fed.
- 6 thin-sliced Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cup extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large jalapeno, diced (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 5 pieces crispy bacon, crumbled
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika (can substitute for California sweet, or another blend)
- 1 small jalapeño, sliced
- Handful chopped cilantro
- Pre heat the oven to 425 and place the bacon on a baking sheet. Cook for 15 minutes on each side, for a total of 30 minutes until crispy. To save time, cook the bacon the night before if desired.
- Combine cream cheese, 1 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced jalapeno, garlic, 4 pieces of crumbled bacon, salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl. Mix well.
- Place large spoonfuls of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of each chicken breast. Fold over and use a toothpick to hold in place.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 and bake for 30 minutes. At the halfway point remove chicken from the oven, top with the remaining half cup of shredded cheese and sliced jalapenos, return to the oven.
- Serve with additional crumbled bacon and fresh cilantro.
Dig in and enjoy this delicious meal with a kick.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken, thanks for reading! Happy cooking.
This post first appeared on Horses & Heels |, please read the originial post: here