Do you own a SEGA Megadrive/Genesis? Well, if you are worried about your disc drive breaking down on your SEGA CD/Mega CD add on, worry no more!
Terraorion have now launched the world’s first SEGA CD FPGA Optical Disc Emulator, the Terraorion Mega SD.
- Plays both ISOS (bin+cue) and ROMS.
- RAM based cartridge for instant and easy boot.
- Compatible with all original and region-free patched Mega-CD / Sega CD bios.
- Supports Megadrive / Genesis, Sega CD, Mega CD, Master System and 32X games (requires 32X add-on).
- Enhanced Mega Drive games with CD audio and Mega-CD / Sega CD hardware (MSU1 like)
Here is a simple icon diagram of how this thing works:
OTHER FEATURES OF THE MEGA SD
The Terraorion Mega SD is fully compatible with the Analogue Mega Sg, it features an easy interface for accessing your game library. There are 8 slots supported for Save State support for Genesis and MEgadrive cartridges.
The Terraorion Mega SD also hasa build in cheat engine for Megadrive and Genesis cartridge games. There is also an in-game menu so you can easily swap games without needing to reset your console the old school way.
The Mega SD supports up to 400GB Exfat microsd, though it’s highly unlikely you will need this as it will be seriously overkill!
It first was released in August of 2019, but if you are like me, you probebly only recently discovered it, or maybe you discovered it here at Pixel Games, if so, your welcome!
So, the big question is, how much? Well, €232.00!! is the price and yes that is a lot of money, but if you are a serious Sega gamer, I am pretty sure there will be many people tempted by this.
If you are tempted, get yourself over to their site and you can buy now.
There is a good review of the Terraorion Mega SD over at Digital Foundry, you can watch this below.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake being worked on by Capcom
- Streets of Rage 2 Review – Sega Megadrive/Genesis
- THE PIXEL GAMES CONSOLE QUIZ!!
- Animaniacs Video Game – Comparison
- TERRARORION MEGA SD – SEGA CD OPTICAL DISC EMULATOR CARTRIDGE
This post first appeared on Pixel Games, The Home Of Retro Game Comparisons, Reviews And News., please read the originial post: here