Lead Capture & the 7th Exposure Rule
Lead generation is centered around growing your business. Start with your key objective. This is to make sales.
Research has shown that customers are more likely to make a purchase from you after the 7th exposure. This does not mean that you should bombard potential or existing customers with lots of emails. You should follow-up on your leads with content showing what you have to offer and that offer should be of value: i.e. a discount, a giveaway, a resolution to a problem.
If you go onto an online store, leave it and later visit another site, you may start to see ads appearing from the website that you viewed earlier. This is because you are being retargeted with the 7th exposure rule in mind. See it enough and you may just hop back on to the site to make a purchase.
Practice retargeting and segmenting your audience based on their behavior on your site. You can get a better idea of why a person left your site by analyzing your web analytics.
How to set up a Lead Generation campaign on Facebook
How to capture leads for your business
You can capture leads in several ways. The most obvious will be through your website. Other ways to capture leads include:
- Posting regular and relevant news or blog posts
- Facebook advertising that makes use of retargeting
- YouTube videos
- By engaging your customers on social media
- Publish an eBook (relevant to your business) with links to your site in the back page
- Google Advertising
- Running a giveaway or a competition
- Posting on Instagram
- Collaborating with others in your industry. You can do this by networking at trade shows and joining small business initiatives. Check Eventbrite for these.
Lead Generation tools
The tools listed below have lead capture pages, templates and the ability to conduct A/B split testing:
These auto-responder services use automated marketing:
Use Zendesk, if you want to centralise customer support. This will require customers to raise a ticket to a helpdesk if they have any enquiries. This may be something you want to consider if you are selling software or digital services.