Spicy with a little sweet is the perfect description for our Bang Bang Salmon recipe. You and your family will enjoy a healthy restaurant-quality weeknight dinner right from the comfort of your own home.
I always look for new and delicious recipes to try at our house. Yes, we typically use chicken, beef, and pork, but I always love to find ways to incorporate fish into our menu plan.
Adding fish into our meals helps to give our kids a variety of foods and lets them be more adventurous with their food palette.
If you are like me, I find Salmon recipes a little intimidating. I haven’t cooked a lot with salmon in the past, and it can be a little on the pricey side, so I don’t want to mess it up. LOL
Well, that was until I found this super simple Bang Bang Salmon recipe.
It is quick and easy to prepare, and my family absolutely loves it. Yay! I’ve discovered that my kids like the added flavor and spice of the sriracha and sweet chili sauce (especially my youngest!).
I’m sure that whether you use an air fryer or the oven, this will become one of those recipes that you add to your menu rotation…..because it is just that simple and scrumptious.
If you want more delicious salmon recipes, try my Honey Dijon Salmon and Maple Dijon Salmon.
Ingredients Needed For Bang Bang Salmon Recipe
- Salmon Filets – skin on
- Mayonnaise – regular, light, or homemade
- Sweet Chili Sauce
- Sriracha – adds some heat, decrease or increase the amount depending on your preference
- Green Onions – chopped, for garnish
- Non-stick Spray – if using the air fryer
How To Make Bang Bang Salmon
Follow these simple steps to make healthy, DELICIOUS salmon that turns out incredible every time.
Begin by preheating the oven or air fryer to 400 degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper if using the oven.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and sriracha until combined.
If baking in the oven, place the salmon fillet on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Spread a liberal amount of sauce onto each fillet. Reserve some of the sauce for serving.
If using an air fryer, spray the basket with non-stick spray, place the filet into the air fryer, and spread sauce on the top. Reserve some of the sauce for serving
In an air fryer, cook for about 10 minutes.
In the oven, bake the filets for about 30 minutes.
Remove from oven or air fryer. Drizzle on the remainder of the sauce and garnish with green onion.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Bang Bang Salmon Recipe Notes And Tips
- If anyone in your family is not a sriracha fan or does not care for the heat, feel free to leave it out. The Bang Bang Salmon will still taste fabulous!
- When cooking the salmon in an air fryer, be sure not to crowd the pieces together. They will cook more evenly if you leave some space between the filets.
What To Serve With Bang Bang Salmon
Want to make this salmon recipe into a complete meal? Try serving it with:
- A salad is perfect (try our Easy Layered Brunch Salad or Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad With Bacon)
- Pasta is a great accompaniment (try our Cowboy Pasta Salad or One-Pot White Four-Cheese Mac and Cheese)
- Dessert (try our Strawberry Crumble or Death By Chocolate Poke Cake)
Variations Of Bang Bang Salmon To Try
- Add in a little maple syrup and lemon juice. It enhances the sauce with some sweet and sour notes.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or jasmine rice.
- If you love grilling, this is a quick and easy dish to put on the grill.
- If you are lucky enough to have some leftovers, add the cold salmon to the top of a salad. YUM!!!
Do you have questions about making this Bang Bang Salmon? If you have a question and don’t see it already answered below, please leave it for me in the comments!
I suggest leaving the skin on unless you are poaching the salmon. The skin will be a barrier between the hot pan or air fryer and the flesh of the salmon. If you cook the salmon skin-side down it will help keep the filet from overcooking.
If you do not like the skin, simply pull it off prior to eating.
That is the beauty of cooking salmon, you do not need to flip it at all, and it will still cook perfectly. However, take care not to cook it too long!
Raw salmon is naturally red and will turn to a lighter pink (ahem, salmon color) as it cooks. You can insert a knife or fork into the thickest part of the salmon filet, and see if it flakes easily. If it does, it is cooked thoroughly.
If you are lucky enough to have any leftovers, they will keep in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up 3 – 4 days.
I would not recommend freezing this salmon once it is cooked. It is possible that the sauce will not hold up well in the freezer, and it could change the flavor and texture of the salmon.
More Delicious Easy, Main Dishes To Try
- Mexican Stuffed Shells
- Crock Pot Hamburger Helper
- Honey Garlic & Pineapple Shrimp Skewers
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts with Summer Veggies
- Healthy Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Bang Bang Salmon
Spicy with a little sweetness is what you'll get with our Bang Bang Salmon recipe. You and your family will enjoy a healthy restaurant-quality weeknight dinner right from the comfort of your own home.
- 4 - 6 salmon filets
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 - 2 tablespoons sriracha
- green onions, chopped for garnish
- non-stick cooking spray
- Air Fryer - preheat the fryer to 400 degrees.
- Oven - preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl stir together mayo, chili sauce, and sriracha until well combined.
- Spread a large spoonful of sauce on each filet, and reserve some sauce for serving.
- Air Fryer - spray the basket with nonstick spray and place the filet in, sauce side up.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Oven - bake filets for about 30 minutes.
- Drizzle on the reserved sauce if desired, and garnish with green onion.
The post Easy Bang Bang Salmon appeared first on Made In A Pinch.