Following the meeting of Football Association Chairmen from the South-South zone of Nigeria at Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State on Sunday the 29th day of December 2019, the external interference with the operations of the Delta State Football Association (DFA) was discussed and the zone resolved as follows:
1. Relying on article 18 section (2) of the Nigeria Football Federation Statutes 2010, State Football Associations including that of Delta State are required to act independently on matters concerning their membership including elections of officers.
2. That it is in line with this provision that the elections appeal committee of the Delta State Football Association, serves as the final appellate body on all election petitions/complaints.
3. That in the absence of any complaint to the Delta State Football Association Congress about the election of 13th July 2019 which returned Edema Fuludu and Victor Ikpeba as Chairman and Vice Chairman respectively, the zone accordingly respect and recognise them.
4. The zone also request the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to respect her statutes with regards to her role in affiliates’ elections which is that of an observer.
5. Finally, the zone shall resist the on-going attempt by external bodies to unlawfully remove the aforesaid elected officers of the Delta State Football Association.
The post SOUTH SOUTH CONGRESS ENDORSED EDEMA FULUDU appeared first on Latest Sports News In Nigeria.