Rant alert! I have to get this off my chest!
I know this contradicts a fair bit of my previous posts, but I feel like less of a Woman when I encounter certain ladies in my small community – one in particular.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Related: Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Friends Figure
“Jealousy is the fear of comparison.”– Max Frisch
Not only does she look fantastic, but she is fantastic.
Believe me I know that I shouldn’t be comparing myself to others, but this specimen takes the cake!
- She has a beautifully tanned skin tone (not the spray on kind) and natural light blond hair (which always looks flawless).
- Her physique is slammin’ – and I don’t use that term lightly. Perfectly sculpted legs and arms, a firm bottom, and a toned mid-section.
- This woman is well-known in our little town (because she grew up in the area) so everyone knows her. Therefore her social calendar is (likely) booming – friends as far as the eye can see!
- She is naturally athletic. She plays sports year-round – hockey, baseball, soccer – you name it! She even bikes with her kids into town from their home on the next side road (like, 5k away)!
- To top it off – she’s really nice! And that irritates the shit out of me!
Though I know this is wrong, but I kinda hate this woman – which is terrible of me to even think.
Whew! Deep breath. (I am actively taking deep breaths while writing this!)
This is the same feeling I had back in high school when the popular girls would walk by with their Perfect hair, perfect bodies, perfect boyfriends – perfect everything – and I’d feel like a pile of steaming dog shit because I didn’t have any of that.
Sadly I am judging this person and I don’t even know her!
BUT how do I know what her life is really like? She may have struggles of her own. Her marriage may be on the rocks, her kids my be a handful, her parents may have health issues, her family may be struggling financially – who knows what skeletons are in her closet?
For me, self esteem has always been a challenge (obviously, right!?), but I’m working on that and trying to improve myself.JOIN THE SNACKTIVISM MOVEMENT, THROUGH PRANA!
Related: July 2019 Goals – Self Care
There, I feel better now! … for letting that out. Not for admitting that I feel so much disdain for another person and how petty it truly is!
Lord, please forgive me.
The post Feeling Inferior appeared first on .