By Guest Author(Tushar Sharma)
Everyone has a dream of buying their own house and now it has become possible because of home loans, but to secure a home loan, you will need a list of housing loan documents. However, different lenders out there have their specific requirements, criteria, and will ask for documents they will require.
Why are these documents required?
Documentation plays a crucial role in the whole process, as it helps the lenders to know their customers in a better way.
The sanctioned loan amount depends on certain factors such as:
• Age of the applicant
• The income of the applicant
• Type of borrower
• Nature of the property
• Agreement value of the property to be bought
• The purpose of the loan
List of common documents required for securing a home loan:
1. Identity Proof: Aadhaar Card/ Driving License/ Voter ID Card/ Passport.
2. Address/Residence Proof: Driving License / Registered Rent Agreement/ Electricity Bill (up to 3 months old)/ Passport.
3. Applicant’s passport Size Photographs
4. Employment Appointment Letter: It is required if the current employment is less than 1 year.
5. A canceled cheque
6. Property Documents: Khata, Sale deed, transfer of ownership.
7. Financial documents:
a. For salaried Individual: Bank statement, Form 16 and 3 month’s salary slip.
b. For Self-Employed Non-Professionals: IT returns for last 3 years, computation of income tax for the past 2 years which must be validated by a chartered accountant.
c. For Self-Employed Individual: IT returns for the last 2 years, computation of income tax for the past 2 years, which must be validated by a chartered accountant.
8. Home Loan Application form completely filled
List of documents required for Self-Employed- Professionals
1. 1 colored photograph (passport size)
2. Proof of Identity: Passport / Driving License / Voter ID / PAN.
3. Address Proof: Registered Rent Agreement / Utility Bill / Driving License.
4. Proof of Business Existence: The Company Registration license, Shop Establishment Act, 3 years old Saral Copy.
5. Proof of Office Ownership: Property Documents, Utility Bill, Maintenance Bill.
6. Office Address Proof: Utility Bill, Property Documents.
7. Proof of Income: Profit & Loss Account, Audit Report, Balance Sheet, Latest 3 years Income Tax Returns, including Computation of Income, etc.
8. Last year’s bank statement.
List of documents required for a salaried individual:
1. Address Proof: Registered Rent Agreement / Driving License / Passport / Utility Bill (up to 3 months old).
2. Identity Proof: Aadhaar Card / Passport / Voter ID / Passport / Driving License / PAN
3. Bank statement of last 6 months
4. Income Proof: Copy of Income Tax, 3 month’s payslips, 2 year’s Form 16.
5. Loan Form: Filled loan form with passport size photographs affixed on it.
List of documents required for Senior Citizens/ Pensioners:
1. Age Proof: Passport / Pan Card
2. Photo Identity Proof: Driving License / Voter ID / PAN / Passport
3. Income Proof: Bank Statement / Pension Returns
4. Residential Address Proof: Registered Rent Agreement / Utility Bill
5. 1 passport size colour photograph
List of documents required for Under Construction Home loan
1. Identity proof.
2. Age proof along
3. Address proof.
4. Educational Qualification proof, i.e. mark sheets or certificates.
5. Income proof.
6. Bank statements.
7. Filled application form.
This is the documentation process of home loan application.
Read More Blog
The post Home loan application – What Documents Do You Need? appeared first on .