Setting up a Laboratory is a task that has to be performed with perfection. Margin for error in this task is almost zero. Making mistake will lead to various problems. Thus, the process has to be done in the most systematic way. To accomplish the matter in systematic style, one needs to create a checklist of the things that are required for laboratory setup. No matter what kind of laboratory it should be, there must be some common equipment. Without these equipments, it is not possible to develop a laboratory. In the following section, these Laboratory Equipment’s shall be discussed.
The first and foremost thing is the room where you want to create laboratory setup. The room can be large or small, as per your requirements. Large rooms are always preferred for lab setup, though you can get things done with small sized room as well. The problem with small rooms is that they lack proper ventilation. Moreover, lack of space can create some accidents. So, in case of small rooms, extra cautions have to be attained. The lab room requires the following things:
• There must be a sink to wash chemical and other apparatus. Keeping expensive apparatus without proper washing can lead to damages to those products.
• A well functional bio-safety cabinet is required for storing the materials which should not be contaminated by infectious elements by any means.
• Clean clothes are absolutely important to have inside the laboratories. You need to find the clothes that are absolutely neat and clean. They are used for cleaning equipments and hands. Make sure that these clothes are washable as well as reusable.
• If you are planning for setting up chemical laboratory, you need chemically resistant work surfaces for protecting your lab from damages.
• Electrical wiring has to be done with perfection otherwise major fire hazards can occur. If that happens, you have to face a lot of losses.
Laboratory Safety Equipments
In almost all kinds of laboratories, safety equipments should be installed. You can get two types of safety equipments. The first type is known as regular safety equipments which can be found at almost in all laboratories. The second type is known as specialized safety equipment. According to your laboratory, you need to choose the safety equipments. For example, electronics lab needs exceptional wiring setup so that delicate electronics items do not get damaged. Chemical lab needs extra protection against fire hazards.
• A fire extinguisher is the most common thing that you would find inside a laboratory. You should have more than one extinguisher, in case if your lab room is big in size.
• Proper waste disposal is required, especially if your lab creates radioactive waste or electronic waste.
• You need to identify the possible hazards or risks in your laboratory. Once risks are identified, you need to fetch or install equipments to neutralize those risk factors.
Overall, safety of your lab depends on various critical matters. You need to be careful in dealing with these matters.
This post first appeared on FactsnFigs - Submit Your Guest Post, Articles For More Exposure, Credibility And Traffic, please read the originial post: here