How to Write- How to Write Better
This month is the perfect time
This month is the perfect time to figure out what you want to accomplish as a writer in 2021 and what it will take to reach that goal.
With that in mind, this month’s challenge is to decide on 1 to 3 (no more than 3) Writing goals for the year.
Use your Success Journal to record these goals (so start a Success Journal if you haven’t already done so).
Once you have your goals, decide what action steps you will take this month to get closer to those goals.
For example, if one of your goals is to write a novel in 2021, your action steps this month towards that goal might be to:
1. Outline the novel (chapter by chapter) with plot points, pinch points, climax, resolution, etc.
2. Create character profiles for each of the major characters.
3. Write one chapter each week this month.
If your goal for 2021 is to start earning income as a freelance writer, you might decide your action steps will be:
1. Create resume and a LOI (letter of interest) template to customize and submit when applying for freelance work,
2. Decide on the niche you will specialize in and create some writing samples for this niche,
3. Set up a blog for your freelance writing business,
4. Contact people within your target niche who may need your writing services (with a LOI or a phone call).
It really isn’t that difficult to reach your writing goals. But you first need to identify:
1. What those goals are,
2. What steps you will need to take to reach those goals.
So I hope you will accept this challenge and then follow through with those actions steps all this month.
Author/Freelance Writer/Writing Coach
Need help creating your goals and action plan?
Check out my Quick Start Coaching Intensive.
Don’t forget to join our mailing list.
Just fill in your name and email address, below:
The post January 2021 Writing Challenge appeared first on How to Write- How to Write Better.