We live in an era of digitalization. Here everything is online. You can shop online, pay bills online, play games online, watch moves online and what not. More than 60% of our time in a day is spent online.
Be it social media or dealing into shares or cracking business deals. Mobile internet has completely changed the entire perception of the day to day activities we undertake. Gone are the days where one used to stand in long queues to pay our electricity bills.
Gone are the days when we used to spend an entire day in search of our favorite brands or searching for our favorite restaurants. Mobile internet has made everything so easy. Lost on your way, you can open Google Maps and easily reach your destination.
Looking for your favorite restaurants in town? Open Google app and start searching the ones near you. Everything is very easy nowadays. The mobile networks have reached the most remote places in the world.
Along with the mobile networks come the internet services as well. Mobile internet is useful for surfing videos and watching various entertainment series. Almost all the news channels have launched their app through which people can get their daily dose of the latest news and updates.
We started with 2G internet services. The speed of the internet was too low. Then the better and updated services were launched i.e. 3G and 4G. This was the revolutionary transition time for the country.
People were talking a lot about the 4G internet services (unlimited) and free Voice calling offer rolled out by the Reliance Jio lead by Mukesh Ambani. Since then, people are trying hard to understand what is the difference between LTE and VoLTE?
They also wanted to know f their mobile devices were supporting 4G or not. So here we are, helping you in understanding the major difference between VoLTE and LTE. This will help you in understanding the difference between the two technologies.
What is LTE on Mobile Phones? – LTE meaning
What does 4g LTE mean on a cell phone. LTE which stands for Long Term Evolution is nothing but a mobile phone internet service technology standard. Now you must have seen this term on your mobile device along the network logo. You must also be wondering why this logo keeps popping all the time. We will clear your confusion here! Actually, LTE and 4G are one and the same thing. The common name of LTE is 4G.
LTE generally gives a downloading speed of around 100MB per second. While the uploading speed has been 50MB per second! An advanced version of LTE which is LTE Advanced gives a download aped of 1 GB in a second and an uploading speed of over 500 MB.
LTE has been a revolutionary technological advancement on GSM and CDMA standards. But these were in practice many years ago. Nowadays LTE is becoming easily available worldwide! The mobile network providers have been updating their technologies from 3G to 4G.
LTE till date has been the fastest internet technology which will soon acquire a dominant position amongst the major mobile network service providers.
What is VoLTE? – Voice over LTE meaning
It stands for Voice over Long Term Evolution. It is called as Vee O LTE. This technology enables users to simultaneously enjoy the internet speed and voice calls. If you are using the LTE technology, you must have noticed the difference. In LTE when you receive a call, your internet speed will automatically diminish to give you a good voice call quality.
If you wish to enjoy a good voice calling quality you need to turn off the internet data. You must have experienced this scenario in the 2G plans and 3G plans. In many cases, the mobile automatically disconnects the internet connection in order to maintain the quality of voice calling.
While using the Volte services, the voice call quality will remain good even during the internet is switched on. It makes it easy to send call signals along with the internet data network.
Why VoLTE is better than LTE?
VoLTE is hands down a better and superior mobile technology as compared to the LTE technology. Let’s understand how:
- You can enjoy a better voice calling quality while using VoLTE
- Users do not need to switch off our internet connection while starting call
- The call connection speed is much faster than LTE
- 4G VoLTE has the capability to work on a higher frequency of 800 MHz. In other words, it is easy to establish connections much faster and to the far away mobile network tower. During the past, users found it difficult o find the mobile signal.
- VoLTE has proved to be more energy efficient and saves mobile battery
- You can successfully make video calls with the help of VoLTE without the help of any third party apps
Difference between LTE and VoLTE
How LTE and VoLTE are different from each other?
- LTE stands for “Long Term Evolution” and VoLTE full form is “Voice over Long Term Evolution”.
- LTE was established with the motive of internet data technology. VoLTE was designed to manage both the voice call quality and internet data.
- LTE does not render its support in voice transmission. VoLTE uses advanced technology which supports both data transmission and voice.
- In LTE, if the internet is on, the quality of voice call reduces. In VoLTE, the quality of voice call remains excellent with the internet data switched on.
Here were some of the basic details about both the technologies. We hope this article would have been helpful for you.
The post What is the Difference between LTE and VOLTE? appeared first on Fatjar Studios.