Do you want to start blogging? Do you have a plan to create a free blog on BlogSpot.com/Blogger.com? Making a free BlogSpot website is very easy. In this article, you can learn to create a blog for free and make money online without investment. Let’s take an introduction to the blog, blogging and Google BlogSpot.com (Blogger.com).
What is a blog?
A blog is like a web-based diary that is regularly updated by an individual or group of individuals. Each update on a blog is called a post. The posts can be based on a particular topic or on a variety of topics depending on the niche of the blog. The latest posts on the blog appear first i.e.: they appear in reverse chronological order.
Why do Blogging?
There are many reasons for which people start blogging. To name a few –
- Supporting a social cause
- Professional networking
- Showcasing their writing skills
- Making money online via advertisements on the blog
- Marketing a business online
Blogger Vs Blogspot
Blogger.com and Blogspot.com are both owned by Google. Blogger is a publishing platform and Blogspot is a domain service provider. Blogspot needs Blogger for its use but Blogger does not need Blogspot. They are both free of charge. Thus people create a free blog on blogspot.com (blogger.com) to make money without investment.
Why use Blogspot? Advantages and Disadvantages
- Easier to use when compared to other blogging programs like WordPress
- Lots of options for customization
- Free of charge
- Can easily integrate any of the other Google products
- Faster indexing – Blogspot sites show up in Google search results within 24 hours
- Blogspot offers lesser options for themes and plugins.
- You can easily lose traffic if you don’t keep updating your blog.
In this example, we will be creating a blog for Campad Electronics an Australian mobile phone accessory seller.
How to create a free blog on BlogSpot.com?
Create a Gmail account needed for a BlogSpot blog
You can start blogging with Blogspot.com, but first, need to create a Google account.
1. Go to gmail.com in your web browser.
2. Click on Create an account.
3. Fill out all the necessary details and click on Next Step.
4. Once the account is created you will see a Welcome message. Click on Continue to Gmail and you will be taken to your inbox.
Start a blog on blogger.com
1. To start your blog, go on to blogger.com.
2. Click on Create Your Blog.
3. Login with your Gmail account credentials.
It will ask you if you want to create a Google+ profile or a Blogger profile. I have chosen to create a Google + profile.
- To create your blog, log on to www.blogger.com. Sign in with your Gmail account and click on Create New Blog.
5. Fill out the Title, Address of your choice and choose a theme if you like. Hit Create Blog!.
6. On the blog page, click on Posts from the left side menu. Then click New post to create a new post.
7. Enter your text, add images and links just like you would with a word processing tool. Then hit Publish.
8. If you want to preview your post before publishing it, you can do so by clicking on the Preview button in the top right corner.
9. This is how the preview of the post will look.
Choosing a theme for your blog
1. Click on the Theme menu item in the left side menu list.
2. Then choose the theme of your choice from the many available options. You can preview it before applying.
Making your blog findable under settings
1. Under the Settings menu item, click on Basic.
2. Then click on Edit for the Privacy settings.
3. Answer ‘Yes’ to both the questions – Add your blog to our listings? And – Let search engines find your blog? Click on Save changes.
Creating an About Us page for your blog
1. Click on the Pages menu item on the left side menu list.
2. Then click on New Page.
3. Enter the Title and Content for the page and click on Publish.
Choosing a header image for your blog
1. Click on the Layout menu item on the left side.
2. In the Header section, click on the edit
3. For the Header image, you can either choose a file from your computer or insert the image URL.
4. Save the changes you made.
Inserting sidebar links
1. Click on the Layout menu item in the left menu list.
2. Under Sidebar Top or Bottom, click on Add Gadget.
3. In the pop-up window, scroll down to Link List and click on the plus sign.
4. Fill out the details in the form that pops up, click Add Link and Save.
5. When you preview the blog, you will see the Sidebar link on the left side.
Inserting images on a post
1. Open your post in Edit mode and place the cursor at the spot where you want the image.
2. Click on Insert Images in the toolbar.
3. If you are uploading images from your computer, click on Choose Files and select the required image file.
4. You can preview the post with the image before publishing it.
Embedding a YouTube video in your blog post
1. Find the YouTube video of your choice and click on Share at the bottom right.
2. Copy the shareable link that pops up.
3. Go back to your blog post in edit mode and click on the Add/Remove Link
4. In the box that pops up, enter the text and URL for the YouTube video you want to post. Click on OK.
Alternative method –
1. Another way of posting a YouTube video is by directly clicking on the Insert a video
2. Using the pop-up box search and select the video of your choice.
3. Update your post.
I believe this article is quite helpful to create a free blog on BlogSpot.com and start blogging. If you still have any question in your mind please leave a comment.
The post How to Create a Free Blog on Blogspot.com/Blogger.com? appeared first on TechPrevue.