Have you ever asked for Holiday package for yourself and your loved ones, only to be confronted with an exorbitant price by your travel agent, for arrangements you could have made for yourself within minutes? Well, worry no more!
I know, this may sound like a far-fetched idea, but I tell you, anybody with internet can put a tour or holiday package together and savour a pleasant experience at a fraction of the agent’s cost.
Now that the holiday season is fast approaching, there is no better time to learn this!
I will go ahead and highlight a step-by-step guide, but first I need you to get a Deal from your agent to which we can compare the results of our own findings.
Step-by-Step Guide to Planning your cheap tour and holiday package.
To begin with, I will choose popular holiday destinations within Africa that are visa on arrival, say Rwanda for example. So, let us dive in:
• Google is your friend: This should be like the starting pointing for all internet searches. Don’t get pissed of yet – we are only using Google to get a general idea of what the packages could cost. You can simply type “Holiday package for two adults to Rwanda”, “Tour package for family of four to Casablanca”. One of the most likely results that will come up in your Google search is TripAdvisor – they have holiday packages aplenty. Click on a few and see the details. Chances are you will find one that fits perfectly with your budget, my dear, you may go ahead and book it right away. When you use TripAdvisor, you will be asked for dates, enter the date you will like to enter the country and the date you would like to leave.
JUST A NOTE: This is the holiday period, hotel and flight fares are likely to be high at this point, especially if you are planning your travel within the Christmas and New Year.
For this period I suggest you travel on the 23rd of December and return on the 28th, with these dates, you are more likely to get a fair deal.
• Note Hotel and Flight: Say you see a package to Kigali that has interested you, open the details and see how much each component of the of the tour package cost – for instance, how much does 5 nights stay in a hotel for two adults cost, what does the hotel reservation include, how much does return flight tickets to the destination cost, will there be airport pick up, etc. If you do not find one that is exactly as you desire it, you may refine your initial Google Search or adjust your entry on the TripAdvisor page.
• Search for flight deals: You may get better deals on flight if you use the national carrier of your destination country. You may also visit flight booking sites such as TravelStart and find a better deal for yourself on flights.
• Search for hotels: Making use of tools such as Booking.com or Jovago, you can find any type of hotel for yourself for the length of time you wish to stay, within budget.
• Find a city tour or Resort to visit: Many African countries have thriving tourism businesses; you can find a city tour service or even book a resort visit from their websites. Depending on the country, the average costs for these goes from around fifty thousand naira per individual, and you will have such a pleasant experience.
If you follow this guide carefully thus far, congrats, you have put together a holiday deal for yourself, which would have cost you some more if you had asked your agents to do it for you.
Besides, you are in control and can choose to plan your holiday however you want it, rather than being stuck with whatever your agents presses into your hand for their own profit.
Bonus! If you successfully pull this off, you become an experienced travel agent yourself. How about that?
If you have questions or comments, kindly leave them in reply to the forum topic How to Find and Create Cheap Holiday, where experts will answer them for you and to benefit others as well.