One thing you should know before you Deactivate Viber account is that merely deleting your Viber app installed in your mobile phone or pc does not mean you have deactivated your account it just means that you can not sign in to your account anymore but your account is still active.
If you want to cease using Viber Account, completely the only way is to deactivate/delete Viber account. (Note that deactivating account and deleting account are the same thing in Viber).
So, in this article am gonna be walking you through the steps that you have to follow and delete your Viber account permanently all you have to do in return is to keep reading below and follow each step one after the other but before that I think it will be helpful for you to note down the following before you proceed to delete your account.
- You will not appear in the contact list of other Viber user.
- Entire data including your contact list, groups and messages will be cleared.
- Your Viber account will be deactivated from all the devices you have logged in.
- Viber out credit will remain, but since you have disabled your account, you will have to contact Viber support to transfer the credit to any other account.
How to Deactivate Viber account | Delete Viber account on mobile
Here is the simple step by step guide that you have to follow to Deactivate Viber account on your mobile phone without stress.
- Launch Viber on your iPhone or Android.
- Tap on More in the tab area alongside the bottom.
- Select Settings to access options.
- Choose Privacy.
- Select Deactivate Account. ( You will be warned that continuing with the deactivation process will clear all of your data on this device and deactivate Viber on all your other devices )
- Tap Deactivate to proceed.
You can now delete the Viber app from this device
How to deactivate your Viber account on desktop
To Deactivate Viber account using your desktop please you are required to follow the guide below to do that.
- Launch Viber on your Mac, Windows or Linux PC.
- Choose Preferences in the Viber menu (Mac) or click the settings icon at the bottom left of the screen (Windows/Linux).
- A new window will pop up. Choose the Account tab to continue.
- Now select Deactivate Viber.
- If you are sure that you would like to proceed, choose Deactivate.
This will remove all of your data and deactivate Viber from your desktop only.
You can now drag the Viber app from your Mac’s Applications folder into the Trash. Viber will remain active on your primary device (your iPhone) so you’ll need to deactivate the app there, too.
Remember that your account will be Deactivated for the time being and will be permanently deleted after 45 days. So, if you want to reactivate your account you can do it before 45days.
How to Create a New Viber account using mobile or Desktop
I have previously written an article on how you can create a new Viber account here.
To create Viber account all you have to do is to follow the guide that is contained here in this article.
If you have any comment or questions to ask please make use of the comment box below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
The post How to Deactivate Viber account | Delete Viber account on mobile and PC appeared first on Mails Optin.