Dark circles are a common problem with both genders and all age groups typically above 16
years. Dark discoloration of the skin under the eye is mainly referred to as dark circles. It is also known
as dark rings or shadows. The skin around the eyes is very thin as compared to other parts
of the body, and extremely delicate. We give you with easy home remedies and makeup tricks
to hide them and make sure your eyes look fresh instantly.
Causes of Dark Circle
- Hormonal changes
- Iron deficiency
- Prolonged crying
- Working for long hours in front of a computer
- Mental or physical stress
- Lack of sleep
- Unhealthy diet.
Home remedies to remove dark circles:
There are natural bleaching agents present in potato that can help lighten dark circles and get rid
of puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate one or two raw potatoes to extract the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the juice and place it over your closed eyes.
- Allow the juice to sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your eyelids well with cool water.
- Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
- Instead of potato juice, you can also use thick potato slices to remove dark circles.
Turmeric and mint leaves
Turmeric is known to rejuvenate tired and sagging skin.
- In a blender, puree mint leaves and strain to extract the juice.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of turmeric to the juice.
- Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Allow it to dry and wash with cold water.
Cucumber slices work best to reduce swelling and dark circles when chilled. The cool temperature eases
puffiness and discourages the accumulation of fluid under your eyes.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and chill them in the refrigerator.
- Place a cool cucumber slice over each eye for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice daily for at least a week.
Cold tea bags
Cold Tea Bags help you to get rid of the dark circle at home easily.
- Soak a tea bag preferably a chamomile or green tea bags in water.
- Chill it by placing it in the refrigerator for a while.
- Place them over your eyes.
Aloe vera is an effective moisturizer and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clean the under eye area with moist cotton.
- Apply massage aloe vera pulp under the eyes for 10 minutes.
Tomatoes have bleaching properties that can lighten skin to a great extent.
- Mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a one-half teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this mixture on the dark circles and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Follow this remedy twice a day for a few weeks.
- Simply using tomato juice will also work.
Almond oil is also very effective in lightening the skin color around the eyes. Being rich in
nourishing vitamins and minerals, almond oil can replenish and rejuvenate the delicate skin and
keep it moisturized.
- Lightly massage five or six drops of almond oil into the delicate skin under the eyes before going
- Leave it on overnight and wash it off with cold water the next morning.
- Follow this remedy daily.
Honey is a powerhouse of antioxidants and nourishing components. It softens the skin and also
provides it with the ‘skin food’ that it needs.
- Apply a thin layer of this on the under eye area.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes and then rinse.
- Repeat this once or twice every day.
Green Tea Bags
Rich in antioxidants and tannins, Green Tea Bags can help lighten dark circles. The tannins in tea
also, reduce swelling and puffiness.
- Boil two green tea bags in a one-half cup of water for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and cool them in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Put the cold tea bags over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy twice daily for at least 10 days to get positive results.
Rose water and whole milk
Rose water is great for those with sensitive skin.
- Take two teaspoons of milk and mix it 1 teaspoon of whole milk.
- Soak two cotton pads in the mixture.
- Cover your eye area with it for 20 minutes.
- Wash with normal water.
Hoped you guys liked it!!
The post Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Dark Circle appeared first on Priyak Blog.