- Ganesh Chaturthi is found in the course of the Hindu calendar month of Bhaadrapada, beginning at the Shukla Chaturthi (fourth day of the waxing moon).
- Shhodashopachara is one of the four fundamental rituals located during the Ganesh Chaturthi. Shhodashopachara in known as 16 ways of paying tribute to Lord Ganesha. The 16 steps encompass Aavaahana, Pratishthapan, Aasana Samarpana, Arghya Samarpan, Achamana, Madhuparka, Snaana, Vastra Samapana, Yagyopavit, Gandha, Pushpa, Dhoopa, Deepa, Naivedya, and Taamblooa.
- Lord Ganesha is also worshiped in nations like Thailand, Cambodia, Indonesia, Afghanistan, Nepal, and China.
- Other than Modaks, Puran Poli additionally makes for one of the main and famous sweets in Ganesh Chaturthi. Like Modaks, Puran Poli can also be provided as ‘bhog’ to the Lord and later served as Prasad. Apart from those, Karanji is some other famous sweet offered to the Lord Ganesha.
- Two unique tales revolve round Ganesha’s delivery. One story says that Goddess Parvati created Lord Ganesha out of dirt off her body whilst she turned into bathing and set him to defend her door until she completed. For the duration of that point, Ganesha was not aware of Shiva who went out. So, when Shiva came back, Ganesha stopped him from getting into. There emerged a fight between the two and Shiva in a shape of rage severed the head of Ganesha. Searching at this, Parvati got furious, and Shiva promised Ganesha will stay once more. The lords went out on the lookout for a head dealing with north of a useless person, however ought to simplest manage the top of an elephant. Shiva had no other alternative but to restoration the elephant’s head and conveys Ganesha again to live. The other legend says that Ganesha changed into created through Shiva and Parvati, on the request of Devas. The Devas wanted Ganesha to be a Vighnakartaa (impediment-author) inside the path of rakshasas (and a Vighnahartaa (obstacle-averter) to assist the Devas.
- Though many believe that Lord Ganesha is a bachelor, there are numerous times where Ganesha is represented with better halves-Ridhi and Sidhi.
- The first Ganesh Chaturthi celebration dates back to the generation of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaja. The festival persevered to be celebrated by the Peshwas. However, after the fall of the Peshwas, the festival became revived with the aid of freedom fighter Bal Gangadhar Tilak all through 1893.
- During Ganesh Chaturthi, Vedic hymns from the Rig Veda, the Ganapati Atharva Shirsha Upanishad, and the Ganesha Stotra from the Narada Purana are chanted.
- Its miles believed that Lord Shiva gave a boon to Ganesha that he would be worshipped earlier than another Lord. He was thereby declared superior to all gods.
- It’s far believed that reciting 108 names of Lord Ganesha during the competition brings properly good fortune to the devotees.
To get more latest news and updates, visit the links below:
The post 10 interesting facts about Ganesha and Ganesh Chaturthi appeared first on socialblog.in.