Matheran – A perfect spot for Monsoon
Trek to Karnala Fort
Since monsoon has started and we all looking for a place to chill out with friends and family with a low budget and for short term. Exasperated from going every time to Lonavala, it’s time for you to try out the new natural arena and I bet you won’t be disappointed. In addition to natural beauty, Matheran provides proper accommodation facilities.
How to go:
- You have to get down at Neral railway station which is few kilometers from Mumbai.
- From Neral railway station you can either board direct toy train (uniqueness of Matheran) from Neral to Matheran or taxi service is provided which will cost about 80rps per person (standard). The taxi service or any other private vehicle can only take you till Dasturi. You can park your private vehicle at Dasturi.
- You need to take a ticket of entering Matheran which is 45 rupees per person and from there the main city is about 2km (approx).
- Kandala point- The Kandala point is just a nice place for you to take selfies and stuff
- Sunset point
This point is situated opposite to Kandala point and it is extremely worth a journey. It has open space and cool place to visit with your friends and loved ones.
- Madhavji point
Madhavji point is basically a fancy garden which is located in the main city of Matheran hence it is quite convenient for you to visit.
- Charlotte lake- Luckily route to most of the other points start from Charlotte Lake. You are not allowed to take a dip in the lake has it is extremely dangerous.
- Louise point-
Honestly speaking this is the toughest point to reach but you will go on discovering all other points en route to it. If you love trekking and your love for mother nature has no bound then en routing Louis point is one of the best spots of Matheran. The Louise point is at the very top with extreme greenery around it. Fences are installed around it hence the danger is mitigated. In addition to fences, there is a proper plantation of trees for you to enjoy their shade.
- Echo point-
Honestly speaking we have tried dozens of time but I didn’t feel the stuff. The place has densely crowded with mesmerizing natural beauty. the climate during monsoon is just amazing and is a good place for you haven’t change your profile picture in a while. There were dozens of shops for you to have meals.
Besides natural beauty, this place offers and cool and chilled place to hang out with your friends when you don’t want to spend much on your vacation trips. The toy train is one of the specialties of Matheran and I would suggest you try it at least once. Horse riding is widely available and their cost differs from person to person.
Foods and beverages and slightly expensive if you compare it with Mumbai as it is obvious that it is hilly region and naturally the cost of transportation increases.
The no such must-try cuisine here but there are several restaurants which are widely famous for their food.
- Ram Krishna
This is a pure veg restaurant and the price here is cheap. Veg Angara is must try in this hotel.
This place is next to Ram Krishna this place is nice to visit for all non-veg food lovers. I found the cost of the food quite reasonable and the taste and quantity was actually worth it.
If you are looking for king size breakfast with a low rate you should definitely visit this place. This place had a variety of food to try and the taste was also quite good.
Matheran is a cool place to visit and with proper planning and budgeting, this place is really worth your time and money.
Please comment on any other place you want me to make the blog post on.
The post Matheran – A perfect spot for Monsoon appeared first on JunkyHub.