Tulsi is also known as Holy Basil in English it is one of the most sacred plants in India and in Ayurveda it is pondered as "The Queen of the Herbs" for its revitalizing and spiritual properties. It is also spelled Thulasi or Tulasi it has been used for thousands of years to aid in natural detoxification, stress and to restore balance and harmony.
In Hindu society, Holy basil or so-called tulsi is a mark of holiness or piousness. The word tulsi literally means a thing that can't be compared with anyone. Tulsi is a plant that grows through our India and is worshiped by Hindus. Mythological it is believed that tulsi or the holy basil is related to lord Krishna, and she was his most beloved wife. Due to diverse actions of Tulsi, it has been the part of human evolution and is very much responsible for maintaining the health among the people.
Modern study has classified Tulsi as an adaptogen herb that has been disclosed to support the body's healthy effects to stress. It is an herb that has been used in the Ayurvedic tradition for thousands of years to boost and maintain wellness. There are many adaptogen herbs that have been referred to by herbalists as rejuvenate herbs, in Ayurveda it is known as rasayana or restorative herbs. These types of herbs help the body adapt to being physical, environmental and emotional stressors beside this it also supports normal functions and restores balance.
Three Varieties Of Tulsi
Most popular three varieties of tulsi plants are found; each variety has a slightly distinctive look, taste and smell and when combined, produce a perfectly balanced herbal infusion with a variety of health benefits.
1. Rama Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum): It is a Tulsi with light green colored leaves.
2. Vana Tulsi (Ocimum gratissimum): It is a Tulsi, which is also called wild forest holy basil or wild forest tulsi; it generally considered a type or variety of tulsi or holy basil; however, it actually comes from a different species.
3. Krishna Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum): Krishna Tulsi is also known as Shayam Tulsi it has black leaves and is largely worshiped.
Health Benefits and Medicinal Uses Of Krishna Tulsi Plant Leaves
1. Fever and cold: It is a wonderful herb that is helpful in maintaining the body temperature to the normal. Tulsi Leaves are also advantageous in treating the influenza, i.e. common cold. It is commonly seen that cold is generally caused due to infection in our body and caused due to lack of immunity. Besides this, it helps in preventing the infection and also boosts the inner strength of our body to attack the infections to the fullest. So to get a ride off cold simply chew Tulsi leaves and get easing from cold and flu.
2. Kidney stones: Tulsi leaves are effective in stabilizing the nephritic troubles. Holy basil juice is quite efficient in treating the renal calculi and additionally helps in breaking up of the stone within the kidney. The broken calculi in nephritic get drove out from urinary tract by way of urine.
3. Nervine debility: Tulsi is a powerful nervine tonic that helps to strengthen the nervous system. It helps in controlling all the activities within the body that is regulated by our nervous system. The ailment like Parkinson and paralysis can be treated with the appropriate usage of this herb. Moreover, it also improves the working of brain and enhances the mental concentration.
4. Cough: Holy basil or so-called Tulsi is one of the most common herbs that are used for cough-related ailments. It relieves the throat and helps in controlling the infection in the throat and respiratory tract. Besides this it also noticeably effective in managing the asthma and is known to provide good results in asthmatic conditions. The properties in tulsi help in emission out of the mucus to clean up the respiratory tract. It is also helpful in treating respiratory disorders as well as bronchitis.
5. Immunity enhancer: Tulsi has a property that is very beneficial in growing the immunity beyond the body. It improves immunity by promoting the production of antibodies, and fight against any foreign invasion into the body. Besides this, it also aids in increasing the formation of T helper cells that fight viruses and antigens.
6. Sore throat: It is a best remedy that helps in relieving throat, take Tulsi leaves boiled in water and drink; you will find relief in sore throat.
7. Respiratory disorder: A Tulsi leaves is best remedy and can be the foremost natural way to deal with respiratory disorders. Take Tulsi leaves extract with honey; it is an excellent remedy to support the throat and respiratory disturbances.
8. Kidney stones: Tulsi leaves are effective in stabilizing the nephritic troubles. Holy basil juice is quite efficient in treating the renal calculi and additionally helps in breaking up of the stone within the kidney. The broken calculi in nephritic get drove out from urinary tract by way of urine.
9. Eyes-related problems: Tulsi is also a good remedy that improves the vision as well as helps in toning up of eyes. Moreover, Tulsi contains the optimum level of vitamin A that is beneficial in regular working of eyes. It is very easy to use simply put juice of holy basil into the eyes; this can avoid any infection in them and keep your eye healthy.
10. Pain in a head: Tulsi has the good amount of analgesic properties, which can help in relieving from conditions like migraine and head ache.
11. Tooth problems: Tulsi leaves can be best for tooth health; our mouth environment is alkaline, and it may lead the tooth enamel to wear away if consumed regularly in very large quantities. The Tulsi leaves are slightly acidic in nature hence it helps to strengthen the gums and prevents any cavity and plaque formation in them.
12. Insect sting: As tulsi plant leaves have inflammation properties, it is helpful in relieving from the pain of the string bite and decreases the inflammation.
13. Tensions and stress: One of the most important properties that Tulsi leaves is its Adaptogen agents in it that aids in relieving from stress and anxiety. Due to its Adaptogen properties, it helps to avoid the free-radical formation within the body and a relives from stress on brain.
14. Heart problems: Tulsi can also be a best remedy in heart-related problems; it has a property that can tones up the heart muscle. Besides this, it rectifies the blood circulation and decreases the cholesterol level on the body.
15. Oral infection: Tulsi leaves can be also helpful in treating infections, particularly of the oral cavity. Besides this, it is furthermore, beneficial in alleviating from mouth ulcers. Tulsi not only controls the infection throughout the body but also aids in toning up of gum and nourishes the hygienic condition in the body.
16. Heart problems: Tulsi can also be a best remedy in heart-related problems; it has a property that can tones up the heart muscle. Besides this, it rectifies the blood circulation and decreases the cholesterol level on the body.