In this Digital Era, paper ads do not work as good as the online world does. There are many applications and online websites that Provide you with various options to choose an Accommodation according to your preferences. These websites and apps provide several listings from which you can choose the ones best suited for your requirements, but there are few things that one needs to keep in mind while going through such platforms to avoid being mugged by forged sites.
- Firstly, there are sites that might provide false information about the property, and may misguide you, so it is always better to visit the PG, rather than just seeing the pictures online and finalizing the accommodation, prefer to finalise only after having a thorough look at the place personally.
- Secondly, most of the sites that provide an easy access to the listings of the accommodation are not broker free or brokerage free, i.e., the information provided by the site is not from the owner itself and is given through a third party, which can create a rise in your budget. Always try to find sites that can provide better listings without any brokerage.
- Thirdly, as the times are changing, so are our needs, students have started to prefer furnished flats and PGs over unfurnished accommodations, so if you are one of them, try to find a site that can provide various options for both the categories, at a genuine and affordable price.
- Commuting means are also to be kept in mind, some of the sites mention, if there is any bus station, metro station or railway station nearby, for an easy commute. They also mention, whether the main road is far or near to the property listed. All these are very important to look for, while finding an accommodation through different websites.
- Making sure that the options provided by such sites contain information regarding the security features of the accommodation, such as covered campus, gated security, security guards, etc. are a necessity for every person looking for PGs or any such accommodation.
- Finally, a major aspect that should actually be deal breaker for anyone is the meals, you need to know if the accommodation that you are planning to finalise provides you with 3 time meal or not, and if they are not, then are there any other options like mess services or tiffin services nearby.
Online sites can sometimes be an issue for parents and students who are new to such websites, but in this digital era, nothing can be compared to it, at least, not the brokers, who are expensive and tiring, and can lead you to nowhere. These sites provide authentic information and have strict rules against false information and brokers.