You’ve finally built your own app. You love your design, your app icon, and it works flawlessly on every device you tested it on. The niche you found is unexplored and competition-free.vThere’s only one problem that No one is downloading your app. If that’s the case, you’ve run into the same problem many developers encounter after they publish their apps. But don’t be discouraged – if you have an app you want the whole world to use, you can make it happen.
All it takes is a little effort and the right know-how to bring your app to the attention of the masses. So, to learn the best ways to boost your mobile app downloads, let’s first understand how apps are downloaded in the first place. The first thing you need to grasp to generate more app downloads is how the app stores you publish your app to actually work. The ASO also helps determine whether they actually download it. There are quite a few factors that affect your ASO:
1. Positive reviews: The more positive reviews an app has, the higher its rating will be. When users rank an app highly, it will also be ranked highly, which naturally improves downloads.
2. App downloads: The more downloads you have, the more downloads you’ll get. App publishers should aim for a steady amount of downloads to rank highly.
3. Keyword relevance: Apps with popular keywords in their title and description may see more downloads.
4. Revenue: Apps with a good record of revenue generation will get more visibility from the app store.
5. Country: Regional success can influence your ranking in that region. Boosting your ranking in multiple regions can have a snowball effect.
6. Backlinks: If you can include back-links to many relevant pages, you can improve your app ranking.
7. Social proof: Your app’s popularity across social media platforms can affect its app store ranking – especially on Android. Shares and +1’s on Google+ can determine whether users notice your app or ignore it.
8. App starts: The number of times users actually open your app also has a significant impact on ranking.
9. Retention: The number of people who uninstall your app vs. the amount who keep it within 30 days also affects rankings. To ensure retention, cater heavily toward your target audience in the app description.
Now that you have a better understanding of where your app lives once its published, let’s look in more detail at the Some best ways to boost your app’s downloads.
1. Social Media
Before you decide on which social networks to use to build your app’s public persona, you have to decide what angle to start from. This means your social media voice must match your app’s personality.
The social media platforms where apps tend to get the most attention are:
2. Market Your App Effectively
If you’re fortunate enough to have a marketing budget, don’t be too conservative with it. Typical marketing is structured over a few weeks or months. But if you want to get a sharp spike in downloads for your app in a very short time, concentrate all your marketing spending into a small time frame. Spread your advertising across the channels that are most popular with your target audience, which could include:
⦁ Social media
⦁ App directory sites
⦁ Email Marketing
⦁ SMS marketing
⦁ Content Marketing
⦁ App directory sites
⦁ Relevant blogs/magazines
3. Using Eye-Catching Photos and Videos
One of the most important aspects of your app description is your collection of photos, screenshots, and videos. Photos related to your app that highlight your most popular and needed features will immediately encourage downloads. Screenshots from your app itself are what users will typically look at after they first find you in search results. A good combination of these two is crucial to encouraging users to click that download button.
Here are a few ways you can use photos to make users more interested:
⦁ Show what your app actually looks like for users – not splash screens.
⦁ Make sure your screenshots contain different aspects of the app in action.
⦁ Include explanations, captions, and arrows that show users what they can do inside your app.
⦁ Put extra emphasis on the most popular and needed features of your app.
⦁ Convince users that your app has a better design than that of your competitors.
4. Ask for Reviews
If you can draw positive reviews from fans of your app, you can see your downloads increase exponentially. APP Reviews that declare your app a valuable download or say it provides a great user experience are “testimonials” that let other users know your app is worth downloading.You might be tempted to purchase fake reviews just to increase the amount of attention your app is receiving as a whole. But if the app store finds out you used this tactic, you may have your app suspended entirely.Organic reviews from real people are far more valuable to your app than fabricated ones because you as the developer can learn from it as well. Not only will the feedback provide other users with an understanding of your product, it can also inform you about what needs to be fixed or changed.