You can apply for a PAN card online by following simple steps given below:
Apply for PAN Card Online
Step 1: Fill the application form
- Log in to the official NSDL website.
- Note that, under ‘Application Type’, there is a separate category for Indian and foreign citizens.
- Choose your category and put all the necessary basic information.
- Click on “Submit”.
Step 2: Form 49A
- You have to fill Form 49A. This is for all Indian citizens even for those living outside of India.
- Please read the instructions carefully as this is a very long and detailed form.
- You then have to choose what Proof of Identity and Address is available with you that you can submit.
- You can also select your Aadhaar based e-signature for this form. Therefore, Aadhaar card will be used as proof of identity, address and also Date of Birth.
- Once you have filled the form and click next, the confirmation page will appear containing all the data you just filled. Check it for mistakes, if all the data is correct then click ‘Confirm and Submit’. If there is a mistake then you can go back to edit it again.
Step 3: Payment for PAN Application
The processing fee required for people living in India is RS 107. For people living outside of India, will have to pay Rs 994.
You can make this payment online by using credit/debit or Net banking. Or you can also pay offline using a Demand Draft made in favor of ‘NSDL PAN’ payable at Mumbai.
- When you make payment online, make sure you save and print the payment acknowledgement once the payment is successful.
- For all the people living outside of India, there is a facility for dispatching PAN card for selected countries. You can check these countries online. COntact NSDL if you don’t live in those countries.
Step 4: Save Acknowledgement
- Once the process is confirmed, an acknowledgement screen will be displayed.
- It will contain a unique 15 digit number as well as your details and space for you to affix your photograph and sign.
- Save this acknowledgement and get its printout.
Step 5: Affix Photograph and Sign
- For Individual applicants, space will be provided for photographs and signature in the acknowledgement.
- You need to affix your 2 recent color pictures of size 3.5 cm x 2.5 cm in the given space.
- Don’t staple or clip the photographs. Just use glue.
- Sign across the photo on the left side in a way that part of the sign is on the document and other part is on the photo.
- DO NOT sign the photo on the right.
- Also, sign in the box that is given for signature.
- If you cannot sign and have to make a thumb impression, then you will need an attestation by a Magistrate or a Notary Public or a Gazetted officer.
Remember – If you have used for your Aadhaar based e-signature then you won’t have to affix your photographs and sign on the printed acknowledgement. You then have to upload scanned images of your photo, sign, and Aadhaar card. You also have the option for paperless e-KYC and e-sign where the photo on your Aadhaar card will be used on your PAN card.
Step 6: Document to be submitted for Pan card
- You need to send the acknowledgement form, Demand draft/online payment confirmation, proof of identity, address, and date of birth to NSDL at ‘Income Tax Pan Services Unit, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411 016′.
- You should attach a copy of Aadhaar allotment letter if you have mentioned Aadhaar card in your application.
- Write ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN — N-15 digit Acknowledgement Number’ on this envelope.
- You need to make sure that this reaches the NSDL within 15 days of online application.
- You can check the status of your application by SMS. Just type NSDLPAN 15 digit Acknowledgement No. and send to 57575.
Further Contact Details:
For PAN/TDS, call on – 020 – 27218080.
You can also send an Email at – [email protected]
Address – INCOME TAX PAN SERVICES UNIT, 5th Floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune- 411 016.
PAN card is an important document as it is related to all your financial activities including opening a bank account, filing for income taxes etc. It also serves as a proof of identity, therefore, apply for PAN card immediately.
For further queries or suggestions, please leave a comment below.
The post How To Apply PAN Card Online : Step By Step Guide appeared first on smartcitygeek.