There is no other single piece of power sports and motorcycle gear that gets more use than the best full Face Helmet. You will definitely dress up for the occasion to protect yourself from the unforgiving weather, but the salad dressing will not protect your head from an accident.
Your odds of reducing injury to the head and survive to race or ride another day are remarkably high when wearing a high-quality full Face Helmet. So, it makes sense to be sure that you have the best, most comfortable helmet you can afford.
The search for a full face helmet can be exhausting, especially with so many brands and models to choose from. To help you out, we have prepared a list of highly recommended full face helmets that are budget and user friendly.
The choices for a high performing full face helmet are endless with plenty of helmet brands, providing you with a wide range of products. The experience can be overwhelming, but not if you have the following buying info at your disposal.
Does the Helmet Conform to Minimum Safety Standards?
A severe brain injury will certainly change the course of your life forever. Therefore, it is not enough to just wear a helmet. You have to wear a helmet that reassures your head’s safety during use, especially during high speeds.
That is why a high-quality Department of Transportation (DOT) certified full face helmet is the single most important gear for track and off-road racing/riding. DOT is normally the minimum standard because helmets are tested in typical impact scenarios.
You should not hesitate to settle for a full face helmet with both DOT and Snell certifications. The Snell Foundation does usually test helmets under the most life-threatening impact conditions. A dual certified helmet offers better protection.
Get the Right Fit
A helmet that does not offer a perfect fit will not do you any good. In fact, it will put you in more danger in the event of an accident. Choosing fitting helmet is usually harder for a first timer, but the selection gets easier with experience.
The head is like a fortress, and a comfortable full face helmet isn’t just a requirement, it is a necessity. Consider buying directly from the dealer’s shop. But if you must buy online, then take correct measurements of your head.
Use the information to find an ideal fit from the available sizing chart. There are some full face helmets that come with limited size options. Only consider such helmets, if you know your size. Otherwise, you should check out helmets with numerous available sizes.
A Durable Full Face Helmet Matters
There are several features that contribute to the durability and resourcefulness of a full face helmet. These include, but are not limited to: a heavy-duty shell with high-impact EPS; comfortable, removable, and washable interiors; quality visor and ventilation.
Best Full Face Helmet Reviews
1. HJC Solid Men’s CL-17 Full Face Helmet
- Advanced polycarbonate composite shell
- CAD technology
- DOT rated motorcycle helmet
- Snell 2010 certified
- Rapid shield replacement system
- Pin lock ready design
- Side face shield lock
- Advanced ventilation channel
If you are in search for a top of the line full face helmet from a renowned manufacturer, then the HJC CL-17 fits the bill. This state-of-the-art motorcycle helmet has proven its abilities on the track, and that’s why it is among our top picks.
The shell is engineered from advanced polycarbonate composite material, which is remarkably lightweight with reliable impact protection. The composite shell construction is based on CAD technology for superior fit as well as comfort.
In use, the HJC CL-17 helmet weighs only 6 pounds and comfortable to wear for longer durations. This is a DOT and Snell certified helmet. Therefore, its ability to protect you against impact forces is guaranteed. You can hit those adventurous speeds with confidence.
It comes with a preinstalled pin lock ready visor with a 3D design. The pin lock system allows for easy flip up and down of the visor. The face shield is highly resistant against scratching, and it offers 95% protection against UV light exposure.
The helmet is integrated with advanced ventilation channels located in front of the chin, at the brow, and at the rear. Cool air is drawn in through the brow and chin channels, and moist air is released through the exhaust vents.
- It is a DOT and Snell certified helmet; so, it comes with guaranteed impact protection.
- The advanced polycarbonate shell is lightweight and offers superior fit and comfort.
- The 3D pin lock ready shield is easy to flip up/down and offers superior UV protection.
- Shield replacement is easy with the rapid fire shield replacement system.
- The innovatively designed chin vent helps with defogging.
- The dry-cool liner materials are effective at wicking moisture, keeping you dry and cool.
- The helmet is available in limited color options.
As far as high-quality features and consummate performance are concerned, the HJC CL-17 is the best full face helmet for the money.
2. Free Smoke Snell M2015 DOT Approved Full Face Helmet
- DOT FMVSS218 and Snell M2015 Certified
- Lightweight shell construction with a plush interior
- Weighs in at 4 pounds
- The Snell sticker is under the liner
- D-ring closure & strap keeper
- Removable and machine washable liner
The Free Smoke is a lightweight, high-quality Typhoon full face helmet that comes highly recommended by users. It is available in both matte and gloss finish for personal preference, including white, metallic silver, metallic red, matte black, and gloss black.
The available sizes are medium, large, X-large, and XX-large. Therefore, you will never miss the ideal size and fit for your head. The helmet’s sleek design prevents buffeting during high speeds. The DOT sticker and Typhoon logo are inscribed on the back.
The sculpted aerodynamic shell provides you with a remarkably lightweight design with high impact protection interior materials. The interior liner of the helmet is removable and washable, allowing you to always keep the interiors breathable and comfortable.
One of the features that will certainly impress you about this DOT/Snell rated helmet is the state-of-the-art ventilation system. It features closable air vents that allow you to conveniently control the airflow. It is also incorporated with a massive exhaust vent at the back.
The UV resistant face shield is held in place by a resourceful lock mechanism that allows you to effortlessly flip up or down the visor for convenience. The face shield perfectly locks into position for a fog-free and buffeting-free high-speed ride.
- This is a dual certified helmet that conforms to both DOT and Snell standards.
- The sculpted aerodynamic shell is lightweight and high performing.
- The clear face shield is easy to flip up/down and offers great UV protection.
- The advanced airflow system features a massive exhaust vent for effective cooling.
- The interior liner is antibacterial, removable, and washable for comfort.
- The sizes require precise measurements or else you may not get the perfect fit.
- It doesn’t have a preinstalled tinted face shield.
If high-impact protection and comfort is what you are looking for in a helmet, then the Free Smoke full face helmet should be your first choice.
3. Bell Qualifier Unisex Adult Full Face Helmet
- DOT rated full face helmet
- Lightweight polycarbonate/ ABS shell
- Sleek helmet design with matte finish
- Comes with integrated speaker pockets
- The helmet is available in numerous matte color finish
- Removable and washable interior liner
- Padded chin strap w/ D-ring closure
- NutraFog II UV protected, anti-scratch, and anti-fog face shield
- Contoured cheek pads
Bell has long been known as one of the world’s premier manufacturer of+, and the Bell Qualifier is a major reason why. This helmet represents the new generation of the high performing full face helmet for multisport events.
The Bell Qualifier boasts seven shell sizes and fourteen different variations of matte finish. The manufacturer ensured that every user’s preference is met. You can opt for the Airtrix Battle finish with human skeleton graphics or the plain Solid Matte Black finish among others.
The polycarbonate/ABS shell construction is lightweight, weighing in at 3.5 pounds. This provides you with a convenient full face helmet that you can wear for longer periods without enervation. Even the EPS doesn’t add much weight to the helmet.
This CAPA and DOT certified offers you surefire impact protection during use. In addition to the full face protection you get, the Bell Qualifier offers you superior comfort that is not easily attainable in competing models.
The interior and lower design of the helmet is fitted with padded D-ring chin strap, contoured cheek pads with resourceful speaker cutouts, removable and washable liner, and wind collar padding for wind protection and noise reduction.
Bell integrated a very reliable, UV protected, anti-scratch, and anti-fog face shield. The visor also features a steadfast lock system that allows for easy flip up or down of the shield for convenience, especially in calm conditions.
- The Bell Qualifier is a DOT rated helmet with reassuring impact protection.
- The tinted face shield is UV, scratch, and fog resistant.
- The lightweight, aerodynamic polycarbonate/ABS shell prevents buffeting.
- The integrated wind collar padding is very effective in reducing wind and road noise.
- The D-ring closure keeps the helmet intact and comes off easily during a crash.
- The removable and washable interiors allow for comfort and durability.
- The helmet is integrated with speaker cutouts for music and communication.
- The sizes run small; you have to be careful with your measurements.
- The preinstalled tinted face shield is not true black as advertised.
You do not need a bigger budget to get the best impact protection and comfort in a helmet, because Bell made the Qualifier just for you, at an affordable price.
4. ILM Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet
- DOT certified full face helmet
- Preinstalled dual visor
- Available in seven distinct matte finish
- Features three shell sizes
- Advanced durable ABS shell
- Removable winter neck scarf
- State-of-the-art ventilation channels and exhausts
What makes the ILM the best full face helmet for its price is the abundance of high-quality features and superior performance during use. This is a DOT certified helmet that meets and exceeds the FMVSS-218 standard. The proof is at the back, just below the ILM logo.
The ILM is a full face helmet that is packed with well-thought-out extras. The first impressive part of the helmet is the streamlined ABS shell. The shell construction is not only impact resistant, but also lightweight and very effective in reducing wind noise and buffeting.
The matte finish is suitable, if you do not admire gloss finish. This is a very definitive helmet that gives you a distinctive personality from the rest of the pile. It is the kind of helmet you wear with confidence and pride as you hit those audacious speed limits.
The most characteristic feature of the ILM full face helmet is the removable winter neck scarf. It is easy to install and uninstall for convenience. The scarf reinforces wind protection, and ensures that there is zero fogging.
In addition, the helmet is fitted with a dual visor system that comprises of a clear and smoked shield. You can choose to use the smoked visor during the day and the clear visor at night. The ventilation is superb, and keeps your head cool and dry.
- The DOT certification reassures the helmet’s impact protection ability.
- The streamlined shell design minimizes wind noise and buffeting.
- The removable winter neck scarf reinforces wind protection.
- The advanced ventilation system gets rid of moist air to keep you cool and dry.
- The dual visors (clear and tinted) offer you options for convenience during use.
- It comes with comfortable, removable, and washable interiors for comfort.
- The helmet is available in limited size options.
Among the many full face helmets on today’s market, the ILM is one of the most inexpensive models that come with high-quality features and superior performance.
The Wrap Up
You will never run short of full face helmets when you get into the market. But the best full face helmet is not ordinary, and it does usually come with high-quality extras. Our top four picks come highly recommended because of their first-class features and superior performance.
The post Best Full Face Helmet Reviews Of 2017: Ultimate Buying Guide appeared first on Helmet Now.