Biking is as risky as any other outdoor sports that involve high speed racing or riding. Even though most riders tend not to appreciate the importance of street bike helmets, we insist that you need one, “better safe than sorry”.
The market comprises of many street bike helmet brands, but we choose Nutcase. This is a renowned manufacturer of street bike helmets. They exhibit unparalleled inventiveness, originality, and attention to detail.
In this Nutcase helmet review, we have discussed four of Nutcase helmets that come highly recommended by bikers. The available information should help with your search of the most ideal street bike helmet design with a Nutcase logo.
There is no better way of preventing severe head injuries during a bicycle crash than wearing a high-impact, high performing Nutcase helmet. The following buying tips ought to help you find the finest helmet among the many Nutcase designs.
Does the Nutcase helmet meet the minimum safety standards?
All Nutcase helmets conform to the minimum safety standard. In the United States, bikers are required to wear street bike helmets that conform to Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) standard. This helps to reduce head injuries in the event of a crash.
Statistically, a proper-fitting CPSC certified street bike helmet could prevent 85% of head injuries during a crash. You don’t necessarily have to buy the most expensive helmet, but just a CPSC certified one. Avoid novelty helmets by checking for the CPSC sticker.
Most Nutcase helmets come with an additional voluntary standard, which is mostly the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
Make sure the helmet has proper ventilation
The most notable drawback of conventional bike helmets is poor ventilation. Nutcase experts have handled the problem by fitting their helmets with numerous air vents. Most models consist of 6 to 11 vents that offer continuous airflow.
How comfortable is the street bike helmet?
Nutcase helmets are all about protection and comfort, as you will learn from each of the Nutcase helmet review. Apart from the advanced ventilation system, they are integrated with comfortable interior pads and strapping system. Make sure the EPS is excellent at dispersing impact energy for optimal protection.
Most models come with multiple sets of pads, such as 9mm, 6mm, and 3mm. This ensures that the helmet fits without problems. Another significant feature is the state-of-the-art strapping system, which consist of a soft chin pad and Fidlock Magnetic Buckle.
The magnetic buckle should be easy to open and close and it should be able to hold the helmet in position in the event of a crash. Also, go for helmet colors and graphics that give you or your child a unique street biking personality.
Top Four Nutcase Helmets to Look Out For
- CPSC and ASTM compliant
- Available in 8 color options
- Durable ABS shell construction with EPS foam
- Comfortable and sweat-absorbent chin pad
- Removable spin dial strap w/ 360-degree reflectivity
- Detachable visor shades
- Eleven air vents and well-connected interior air channels
The Nutcase Solid Helmet is made up of an exclusive ABS shell design with high performing EPS. This sleek street biking helmet is CPSC and ASTM compliant. This simply means that it meets the required minimum standards.
You will love this helmet at first glance, because it comes with high-quality features for protection and comfort. The very first thing that you will admire is the smooth matte finish, irrespective of the color.
However, it is not incorporated with graphics, but it has a Nutcase logo at the brow and an additional logo at the back. The straps are held in place with rivets to ensure that they do not come off in case of a crash.
The entire strapping system is incorporated with a magnetic buckle, spin-dial knob, and a comfortable, sweat-absorbent chin pad. The magnetic buckle is easy to lock and unlock, and it will hold tight during a crash to make sure that the helmet stays in place.
The spin dial knob offers you 360-degree reflectivity. This allows you to fine-tune the straps so as to achieve the perfect fit. On the other hand, the sweat-absorbent chin pad offers comfort throughout long distance street biking.
One of the features that make Nutcase street bike helmets so unique is their exceptional ventilation system. The ventilation system consists of eleven air vents, which offer excellent cooling of the head under the hot sun.
- The Nutcase Solid helmet features high-impact ABS shell with EPS foam.
- The helmet meets the required minimum standards of the CPSC and ASTM.
- It features 360-degree reflectivity for effective illumination at night.
- The high performing airflow system consists of 11 vents that offer maximum ventilation.
- It comes with a detachable and reliable sun and rain visor.
- The helmet comes with limited size options.
The Nutcase Solid Helmet offers you more than just the Nutcase amazing features. It offers you a sleek helmet design that sits deep in your head for maximum protection and comfort.
- CPSC and ASTM F1492 certified
- Durable ABS shell construction w/ EPS foam
- Well-networked airflow system with 11 vents
- Removable and adjustable spin dial
- Deluxe soft chin pad
- Detachable visor shades
- Extra padding
The Nutcase Patterned helmet is a highly rated Nutcase helmet. This is the helmet you need when you are out for an adventurous street biking. Nutcase ensured that you get the finest performance by incorporating the best design features.
The helmet has an ABS shell construction. The ABS skull combines the rigidity and strength of the styrene polymers and acrylonitrile with the resilience of the polybutadiene rubber. This ensures that you get high impact protection.
The helmet comes with numerous color options for your preference. Each color option is incorporated with unique graphics that are quite appealing to the eye. And they also give you an inimitable personality when you are on your bike.
The ABS shell w/ high-impact, high-comfort inner EPS is CPSC and ASTM certified. Therefore, the helmet’s impact protection abilities are reliable. In fact, the EPS has crumple zones for effective impact energy dispersion during use.
The Patterned Helmet is exactly what you need when you decide to go biking in summer. It is integrated with a reliable ventilation system that consists of eleven air vents. There seven widely opened vents right on top of your head for effective cooling.
The Nutcase Patterned provides you with 360 degrees of reflectivity with the exceptional spin dial system. The adjustable dial knob, sweat-absorbent chin pad, and magnetic buckle allow you to easily achieve the ideal fit and comfort.
- The helmet is CPSC and ASTM certified for guaranteed impact protection.
- The helmet ABS shell design w/ high-impact EPS offer excellent impact protection.
- The helmet offers 360-degree reflectivity from spin dial, chin straps, and logos.
- The helmet comes with numerous color options for your choosing.
- It is fitted with the best ventilation system for your application.
- You may face some issues with the sun visor.
The Nutcase Patterned Helmet comes with the best design features, and a very accommodating price range that you can certainly afford.
3.Nutcase – Baby Nutty Street Bike Helmet
- CPSC 16 CFR 1203 certified
- Lightweight in-mold shell w/ expanded EPS
- Suitable for small head rated at 260 grams
- Ergo-design for optimal biking posture
- Easy-on, elastic fit system
- Magnetic buckle
The Nutcase Baby Nutty is the ideal first-time helmet for your toddler. It is just what you need when planning an adventurous street biking session with your 1+ year old son or daughter. He or she will love this helmet.
The helmet is available in in six color options and graphics. The incorporated graphics differ from one color to the next. The matte finish is also very comfortable to the touch. Your child will rarely dislike this helmet.
The in-mold helmet shell is lightweight and very accommodating for the growing bobble head of your son or daughter. The Expanded Polystyrene foam is not only protected, but also comfortable. Your child will not feel bumpy on his or her head.
Most conventional toddler helmets tend to have low performing airflow systems. Well, that’s not the case with the Nutcase Baby Nutty helmet. This cute headgear is incorporated with 11 vents, 7 at the top, 2 at the back, and 2 in front for sufficient airflow.
The strapping is very versatile and nearly indestructible. The magnetic buckle allows you to effortlessly adjust the fit for your son or daughter. He or she will not be able to destroy the buckle, and it will not unlock during use.
This is the ideal toddler helmet to buy if you want a headgear that will grow with your child. It is integrated with a three-millimeter and six-millimeter set of interior pads for achieving the perfect fit. The elastic stretch system at the back of the helmet will accommodate growing heads.
- The helmet is CPSC certified for 1+ year old child.
- The in-mold shell design and protective EPS offer reliable protection.
- The magnetic buckle is almost indestructible, easy to open and close.
- It is incorporated with 3mm and 6mm interior pads and an elastic fit system for the perfect fit and accommodation of growing heads.
- It is available in six color options and graphics for preference and convenience.
- Limited size options for convenience.
This Toddler Nutcase Helmet comes in limited size options, but it is incorporated with an elastic fit system for growing heads. Therefore, it is a good purchase for its price range.
4.Nutcase – Metroride Bike Helmet
- S. CPSC 16 CFR 1203 compliant
- Heavy-duty polycarbonate in-mold shell
- High-impact EPS foam
- Comfortable chin pad
- Fidlock magnetic buckle
- Easy to adjust chin straps
- Three pad sets: 9mm, 6mm, and 3mm
- Snap-in visor for sun and rain protection
- Removable and adjustable spin dial system
The Nutcase Metroride is a high performing street bike helmet for the money. This helmet is unique from other Nutcase models in skull shape and ventilation. The polycarbonate shell has a sleek design that fits perfectly on your head.
It is incorporated with six massive vents that are strategically aligned for maximum airflow. This is definitely the ideal helmet for summer biking. Your head will rarely sweat with this helmet on, thus you can ride for long distances without a problem.
It is fitted with a characteristic visor shade that safeguards your eyes and face from direct UV light and rain. The visor also sits just above your brow. So, your vision is not blocked. The spin dial is removable for convenience, but it does help to achieve the perfect fit.
One of the most resourceful aspects of the Metroride is the padding. Unlike similar or competing models, the helmet comes with three sets of pads, including 9mm, 6mm, and 3mm for optimal fit and comfort. Therefore, the size you choose will certainly fit.
Nutcase also provides you with multiple color options, including the original, the professor matte, the sharkskin matte, the black tie matte, the garnet matte, the sapphire matte, the Spartan blue matte, and the Technicolor matte for preference.
- The helmet materials and design conform to the safety standards of U.S. CPSC 16 CFR 1203.
- The Metroride polycarbonate shell with EPS is durable and offers high impact protection.
- The helmet comes with three sets of pads (9mm, 6mm, and 3mm) for achieving the perfect fit and comfort.
- The helmet is incorporated with six massive air vents that run from front to back for optimal airflow and cooling.
- The strapping system is incorporated with a magnetic buckle for easy opening and closure.
- The Velcro pieces and visor may interfere with the fit.
As far as resourcefulness and versatility are concerned, the Nutcase Metroride helmet is the ideal choice. The helmet’s performance is unmatched for its price.
The Wrap Up
We have reached the end of our Nutcase helmet review. Nutcase series of street bike helmets have flooded the market, but they are remarkably unique, both in design and performance. And there are helmets for every age, including toddlers and adults.
Our detailed list of Nutcase helmets is meant to help you find the ideal model without overwhelming yourself with the numerous options on today’s market. We recommend Nutcase over other brands, because they understand street biking better.
The post Best Nutcase Helmet Reviews Of 2017: Ultimate Buying Guide appeared first on Helmet Now.