If you love seeing nature at its best, then you need a pair of high performing Binoculars. The Vortex binoculars enhance your love of nature with clear, bright, crisp images in amazing resolution. You can use Vortex binoculars for birding, hunting, golf, and wildlife observing.
Vortex popularity has mainly grown because of their legendary Roof Prism design. The following Vortex binoculars reviews provide you with valuable information on the best Vortex binoculars of 2017 that you can buy right now.
Vortex Optics Diamondback
Vortex Optics Talon HD
Vortex Optics Crossfire Binocular
ortex Optics Viper HD
Vortex Optics VNQ-0826
Vortex Optics Razor HD
Vortex Optics D205
No. 1 Vortex Optics Viper HD 10×50 Roof Prism Binoculars Review
The Viper HD 10×50 are well-built Vortex Binoculars that come with high-quality features and first-rate performance. When unboxing, you get an instructions manual, a lens cleaning cloth, a neck strap, a shoulder strap, a carry bag, and the pair of binoculars.
At first glance, you will observe the strong objective lens covers and the eyepiece rain guard. Like all Vortex binoculars, the HD 10×50 is also inscribed with the Vortex logo. One of the most ergonomic features is the large center focus knob.
These binoculars are installed with extra-low dispersion glasses to help with color fidelity and better resolution. As a result, you end up with high definition images of your target. The eye relief of these binoculars is picture-perfect, especially for goggles or eyeglass wearers.
The good eye relief range allows you to lock on your subject for a long time without eye strain or fatigue. This specific model is fitted with multi-position eyecups for preference and convenience during use. The eyecups are highly adaptable.
The 10x magnification power and 50mm objective lens diameter provide you with an exit pupil diameter of 5mm. With an exit pupil of this size, you are able to extend your viewing in low light conditions, particularly at sunset.
- The extra-low dispersion glasses provide advanced color fidelity and resolution for high definition images.
- The roof prism provides you with a lightweight, compact size, and high performing binocular design.
- The multilayer optics feature roof prism coatings for superior contrast, resolution, and brightness.
- The exterior lenses are well-protected from dirt, oil, and scratching, thanks to the scratch-proof coating.
- The Viper HD binoculars are quite expensive compared to similar and competing models.
Verdict: The Viper HD 10×50 Binoculars are high performing, pricey, and highly rated. So, if your budget is right, then these are the binoculars to buy.
No. 2 Vortex Optics D205 Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars Review
The D205 Diamondback Binoculars are highly rated field glasses for the money. These binoculars feature a roof prism design, which has a sleek, streamlined, and more attractive appearance than a Porro prism design.
The roof prism construction is incorporated with phase correction coating for better contrast and resolution. This particular model comes with objective lens covers and an eye piece rain guard. The available Vortex harness strap gets rid of neck fatigue.
The D205 Diamondback Binoculars are argon gas filled to keep the lenses from fogging, especially in humid environments. The O-ring seal ensures that there is no penetration of foreign elements into the interior, including debris, dust, rain, and moisture.
The 10X magnification power and the objective lens diameter of 42mm provides an exit pupil diameter of 4.2mm, which delivers sufficient light transmission for superior viewing across most light conditions. The 15mm eye relief makes these binoculars convenient for eyeglass wearers.
- The improved magnesium chassis provides a lightweight and rigid binocular structure.
- The fully multicoated lenses feature a dielectric coating for superior brightness and clarity.
- The roof prism design has phase correction coating for superior contrast and resolution.
- The argon gas filled design keeps the binoculars from fogging for quality performance.
- The O-ring seal prevents moisture, debris, and dust from impairing the performance.
- The manufacturer didn’t state whether or not the binoculars are tripod mountable.
Verdict: The D205 Diamondback Binoculars kick started our Vortex binoculars reviews because of the high-quality features, unmatched performance, and high customer ratings.
No. 3 Vortex Optics Diamondback 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars Review
The Diamondback Binoculars feature a very beautiful and resourceful design for the price. The roof prism construction ensures that the binoculars are not only lightweight, but also compact size. This is an important design quality that helps with easy handling and durability.
Vortex binoculars are usually based on the prestigious roof prism design for superior performance. The design of these particular binoculars is incorporated with phase correction coating to provide enhanced contrast and resolution, making them ideal for hunting and camping.
The Diamondback Binoculars are qualified fogproof and waterproof field glasses due to the resilient material and design. The argon gas purging of the design ensures that the lenses are not affected by fogging on account of temperature changes.
The O-ring seal improves the waterproofing abilities of the binoculars, especially in rainy or humid environments. The objective lens covers and the eyepiece rain guard provides additional protection against rain and moisture.
- The roof prism provides a lightweight and more compact size design for easy handling.
- The multicoated lenses feature phase correction roof prism for superior contrast and resolution.
- The argon gas purging of the binoculars prevents the optics from fogging during temperatures.
- The O-ring seal construction, rain guard and objective lens covers improve the water-resistance of the binoculars.
- These binoculars come with VIP unconditional lifetime warranty.
- They are a bit costly when compared to competing models.
Verdict: The Diamondback Binoculars are a good choice for the money. They come with high-quality features and the VIP unconditional Lifetime Warranty.
No. 4 Vortex Optics Talon HD 10×42 Roof Prism Binoculars Review
The Talon HD 10×42 Binoculars are popular field glasses for wildlife observers and bird watchers. They come with high density ED glass lenses for enhanced resolution, color, and contrast. The lenses achieve all these by decreasing chromatic aberration.
Actually, the integrated HD lenses deliver a clear, crisp, and clean view of your target by eliminating clouding at the color ends between the dark and light parts of the image. This particular attribute comes in handy in low light conditions.
The chassis of the Talon HD is made of aluminum, making it super lightweight, corrosion proof, and very effective for long-distance hiking and camping. In fact, the carry bag allows for easy backpacking of the binoculars. You can always use the shoulder strap harness.
The binoculars have hard surface rubber armoring with a non-slip grip. The rubberized exterior ensures that there are no metallic noises when mounting the binoculars or when holding them in the cold or in humid conditions.
The air molecules in the binoculars have been substituted with argon gas to help prevent the lenses from fogging. The construction of the binoculars is O-ring sealed for improved water-resistance. The fogproof and waterproof abilities of the binoculars increase durability.
- The extra-low dispersion glass used on the lenses enhances resolution, contrast, and color.
- The chassis of the binoculars is made of aluminum, making the unit corrosion-proof and lightweight.
- The argon gas purging keeps the lenses of the binoculars from fogging whenever there are temperature changes.
- The twist-down, twist-up rubber eyecups allow for convenient eye relief adjustment and eyes/face protection during use.
- The binoculars are a bit bulky compared to competing and similar models.
- They have a high price range.
Verdict: The Talon HD 10×42 Binoculars come with a high price range, but they are known to offer high-quality performance with minimal design flaws.
No. 5 Vortex Optics VNQ-0826 8×26 Vanquish Binoculars Review
The VNQ-0826 Vanquish Binoculars are the smallest and the lightest weight Vortex binoculars. This model comes in an 8x26mm and 10x26mm sizes. The pair measures 4.4 by 4.7 inches, and weighs 12.8 ounces.
The binoculars are fitted with fully multicoated lenses that feature anti-reflective and anti-glare coatings for better light transmission, resolution, and contrast. All these attributes combined produce clear, crisp, and bright images.
Vortex Optics took a different approach with these binoculars. Instead of their popular roof prism construction, they used reverse Porro prism design. The Porro prism used offers wide field of view, an advanced field depth, and three-dimensional image.
One of the most notable benefits of the Porro prism construction is affordability. With this design, the eyepieces are further apart while the objective lenses are near to each other. The rubber armored sides of each binocular are engraved for a non-slip and strong grip.
The binoculars are fitted with a large and user-friendly center focus knob and diopter ring on the right eyepiece for easy eye focusing. The adjustable rubber reinforced eyecups allow for effortless adjustment of the eye relief, making them convenient for eyeglass wearers.
- The reverse Porro prism construction is cheaper than roof prism.
- The fully multicoated lenses feature anti-reflective and anti-glare coatings for superior light transmission.
- The large center focus knob allows for easy adjustment of focus for both binoculars.
- The twist-down and twist-up rubber eyecups offer effortless adjustment of the eye relief.
- The reverse Porro prism design is a bit bulky.
Verdict: The VNQ-0826 Vanquish Binoculars are remarkably cheap as far as Vortex binoculars are concerned. This model will surely fit the budget.
No. 6 Vortex Optics Razor HD 10×50 Roof Prism Binoculars Review
The Razor HD 10×50 binoculars are among the best-selling field glasses by Vortex Optics. These are absolutely admirable as far as the optical and build qualities go. The magnification and field of view offered by these binoculars make them ideal for most outdoor adventures.
If you are new to binoculars, then you should consider the Vortex Razor HD. They are built tough and to withstand extreme conditions. You will rarely damage them during use, not unless you do it intentionally. They will certainly make you happy.
The roof prism design of the Razor HD is unique in style and feel. This construction is highly valued for its compact size and superior durability. However, you should expect to pay an enormous amount of money for this masterpiece.
The binoculars are incorporated with the apochromatic optical system and HD glass technology to deliver unparalleled color sharpness. The extra-low dispersion glass offers the best in color fidelity and resolution for high definition images.
- The roof prism construction offers a more compact size and greater durability.
- The fully multicoated lenses are anti-reflective to deliver superior light transmission.
- The apochromatic optical system and the HD glass deliver unsurpassed color sharpness.
- The extra-low dispersion glass provides the best in color fidelity and resolution.
- The large center focus knob and diopter allow for easy focus adjustment during use.
- The field of view is considerably small compared to a similar model.
- They are surely expensive compared to similar and competing designs.
Verdict: The Razor HD Binoculars are among the well-appointed Vortex Optics binoculars for the money, but they need a bigger budget.
No. 7 Vortex Optics Crossfire Binocular Review
The Crossfire Binoculars are awesome Vortex Binoculars for someone who doesn’t want to spend a great deal of money. When unboxing, you get a carrying case, the binoculars, the bag strap, binocular strap, a lens cleaning cloth, and the instructions manual.
At first glance, you will admire the rugged, roof prism construction of these binoculars. The roof prism has a more compact size and lightweight design that is very convenient for backpackers, campers, and hikers, especially on extended out-of-doors trips.
These state-of-the-art binoculars are installed with fully multicoated lenses that are anti-reflective, anti-glare, and feature roof prism coatings for better light transmission. All these combined qualities ensure that you get clear, bright, and crisp images.
The 10x50mm binocular size provides you with a significantly wide exit pupil diameter of 5mm. This allows for superior light transmission, even in low light condition for late evening use. The twist-down and twist-up eyecups allow for easy eye relief adjustment.
- The roof prism construction offers a compact size and lightweight design.
- The fully multicoated lenses feature anti-reflective coatings for superior light transmission.
- The rubber armor exterior finish offers a non-slip, and a more secure grip for comfortable handling in humid conditions.
- The diopter ring on the right eyepiece allows you to correct differences in the eyes during use.
- They may present some problems when constantly used in extreme conditions.
Verdict: The Crossfire Binoculars are a good choice if you want quality performance at an affordable price range.
The Wrap Up
The Crossfire binoculars mark the end of our Vortex binoculars reviews. The above mentioned products are among the best on today’s market. All these binoculars come highly recommended by birders, hunters, and wildlife observers among other outdoorsmen.
The post Vortex Binoculars Reviews of 2018 & Buying Guide appeared first on Binocular Lab.