December is here! Which means the Holidays are beginning! Whether you celebrate Christmas, Bodhi Day, Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanzaa, among others .. We wish you a Happy One!
I was only guessing that first bit though, I suppose if your British your Christmas Tree may have been up in August.
Over the Holidays we normally do a Holiday Special (Christmas for us), which we may do next week, we also start to do a run down of Top 100’s (The Male & Female Sexiest Celebrities) which will be the following week.
But for this week we thought we would do something a little different.
So we have compiled a playlist of Our Christmas Songs and a Seasonal Muffin recipe so you can bake and listen at the same time.
Without further ado here’s the playlist ….
The reason behind some of these songs are thus:
1. David Bowie and Bing Crosby’s Little Drummer Boy a true classic of epic Christmas proportion from Bing’s Christmas Special.
2. Slade’s Merry Christmas Everyone – Well this is the best Christmas Song Ever – isn’t it?
4. Feliz Navidad – Bob’s favorite Christmas song – mostly because she like Spanish and it doesn’t sound like a Christmas song.
6. And again – Another of Bob’s Favorites, another ‘Doesn’t sound like traditional Christmas Song’.
7. Jona Lewie is really not a Christmas song, it’s a war protest! But it is this song played by someone else, in a shop, pub, bar, etc Ash’s marker for the official start to Christmas.
9. Song starts at 0.57sec The start is rubbish. – Shakin’ Stevens!
14. Ash: I have the video for this is my mind, this reminds me of driving out of London, on Christmas Eve in the traffic and heading to my parents in the country, seeing the people sat in the traffic all looking grumpy and laughing at how upset they always looked.
17. The much underrated Chris DeBurgh – This is a weird Christmas song – but it explains the whole Jesus Christ theory so much better than most theories.
19. RunDMC – Because well Run DMC does Christmas!
24. Silly Christmas songs from someone who can really sing – Ben Folds
39. Fountains of Wayne – We think we have a theme – Aliens at Christmas
53. Pipes of Peace – We like songs about peace at Christmas it seems (well Ash does!)
57. The Royal Guardsman – Snoopy’s Christmas another war song – and Australia’s most successful Christmas song ever!
61. Bob’s choice, one of her favorites again. Fall Out Boy’s Christmas Song.
63. Finally Bob’s ultimate, Nightmare Before Christmas – What’s this?
- 1/2 Cup of Butter
- 3/4 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup of Oat Milk or any Alternative Milk.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Cups of Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup or more (Adjust to liking) of Berries. In this instance it was cranberries because of the holidays.
- Preheat the oven to 180c, (That’s Gas Mark 4)
- Take muffin tins and put a cup in each of them.
- Measure the Butter and the Caster sugar, add to bowl, then cream (Ash says: That means Smoosh together because he didn’t know what that meant).
- Add the Eggs and Milk
- Then whisk either with electric whisk – Ash: Or by hand till smooth if you want to punish yourself.
- Then add Salt and Baking powder along with sieved self raising flour (Ash: get pre-sieved flour to save time).
- Mix together
- Measure out your berries and fold into the mixture.
- Take a Table Spoon and scoop the mixture into the cups.
- Bake for 20-30 mins checking them periodically
- voila done!
We hope you enjoy our Christmas Offering and we would love to hear how they turned out. Leave a comment, follow us on Pinterest and Instagram and subscribe for more posts every week.