Ever experienced any phone’s Wi-Fi failure before now? A lot of things could be the cause for malfunctioning when you attempt to trigger for service on your smartphone. And, there are also many ways to fix this issue when it ensues. Below are some of these methods of fixing the problem:
1. Switch Off and On: Attempt to switch off your Wi-Fi and switch it back on. Do likewise for your router, then confirm your connection again. You could as well turn on Airplane Mode for a little moment and then turn it off.
2. Restart your phone in Safe Mode: Simply Restart it in Safe Mode if the first method is not working. How to do it:
- Press down the power button
- Hold down the Power Off option for a few seconds
- Then select OK when asked if you want to reboot in Safe Mode.
- After that, you can restart your device.
3. Keep Wi-Fi on during Sleep option: If your Wi-Fi goes on self-disconnects, it may likely be due to not enabling the Keep Wi-Fi on during Sleep option. This would disconnect your device automatically o save battery. Here’s how to go about it:
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi
- Then tap the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Advanced and tap on Keep Wi-Fi on During Sleep
- Then select Yes or Always.
4. IP authentication Issue: Possibly your device cannot connect to the Wi-Fi network because of a problem with IP authentication. In this case, try to restart your router. If it still doesn’t work, carry out a factory reset. Also, there’s an app on Google Play Store called Wi-Fi Fixer. This app restores system files and essential services for your Wi-Fi network to work well.
5. By now, your device might connect to the network, but the browsing speed will be frustrating. This you can blame on network congestion. This means that too many people are using the same connection at once. But then, if you have a fully functional router, and thee I no interference of any sort yet you still have this problem, try installing Speedtest on you device. This will how you your actual download and upload speed and tell you what is the problem with your internet connection.
There you have it. These solutions should get your malfunctioning Wi-Fi connection to work properly.