In this article we are going to learn How to install Mozilla Waterfox Browser in Ubuntu 16.04. Waterfox is a open source web browser for Linux. This browser has been developed using source code of Mozilla firefox app. waterfox browser was developed by Alex Kontos on year 2011 and released under Mozilla Public License.
- It’s an cross platform application available for major operating systems i.e. Linux, Microsoft Windows, MacOS.
- Open multiple web sites at a same time using tabs.
- Mozilla waterfox browser is also useful for developers. They can use it’s developer feature to check css styles, html codes and other development things of any website.
- In build download manager. You can pause or resume your running downloads anytime.
- Available for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating system.
- Configure proxy settings to browser internet on proxy based environment.
- Use popup blocker and ad blocker features to keep safe from virus.
- Waterfox browser utilizes less memory as compare to other web browsers.
For more informations and features you can visit the official website.
Follow the below steps to install Mozilla waterfox browser in Ubuntu 16.04
Before we start the installation of Mozilla waterfox browser let’s update the packages & repositories of Ubuntu 16.04 using below command.
[email protected]:~$ sudo apt-get update # Update Packages & Repositories Get:1 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-security InRelease [102 kB] Hit:2 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial InRelease Get:3 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates InRelease [102 kB] Get:4 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-backports InRelease [102 kB] Fetched 306 kB in 2s (119 kB/s) Reading package lists... Done
After updating the packages & repositories now we have to download the Waterfox browser package from it’s official website. So use the below command to download the same.
[email protected]:~$ wget https://storage-waterfox.netdna-ssl.com/releases/linux64/installer/waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 --2018-01-26 00:42:07-- https://storage-waterfox.netdna-ssl.com/releases/linux64/installer/waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 Resolving storage-waterfox.netdna-ssl.com (storage-waterfox.netdna-ssl.com)... 220.127.116.11 Connecting to storage-waterfox.netdna-ssl.com (storage-waterfox.netdna-ssl.com)|18.104.22.168|:443... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 97065454 (93M) [application/octet-stream] Saving to: ‘waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2’ waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 100%[=====================================================================================>] 92.57M 607KB/s in 2m 42s 2018-01-26 00:44:50 (584 KB/s) - ‘waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2’ saved [97065454/97065454]
As you can see below I have already downloaded the Mozilla waterfox package. Refer the command below.
[email protected]:~$ ls -l waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 # Downloaded Package -rw-rw-r-- 1 elinuxbook elinuxbook 97065454 Jan 12 03:26 waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2
Also Read :
- HOW TO INSTALL VIVALDI BROWSER IN UBUNTU 16.04 – A BEST WEB BROWSER FOR LINUX
- HOW TO INSTALL QUPZILLA WEB BROWSER IN UBUNTU 16.04 – A BEST WEB BROWSER FOR LINUX
- HOW TO INSTALL MIDORI BROWSER ON UBUNTU 16.04
- HOW TO INSTALL LYNX BROWSER (LYNX WEB BROWSER) ON UBUNTU 16.04 – A TEXT WEB BROWSER
As the downloaded package is in tar.bz2 package we have to extract the package to install the Mozilla waterfox browser.
[email protected]:~$ tar -xjvf waterfox-56.0.3.en-US.linux-x86_64.tar.bz2 # Extract the Package
After extracting the package you will get a directory named “waterfox“. So go in to the directory using below command.
[email protected]:~$ cd waterfox/ # Change the Directory
The Mozilla waterfox browser is a portable package hence you don’t have to install it. Just execute the given script file to open the application.
So after changing the directory you will get a script file named “waterfox“. Just execute the script file using below command to open the mozilla waterfox application.
[email protected]:~/waterfox$ sudo ./waterfox # Open the waterfox browser
After execute the above script you will get the below screen in front of you. Here just select Don’t Import anything and click on Next.
Mozilla Waterfox browser Snap :
This is how we can install Mozilla Waterfox browser in Ubuntu 16.04. If you found this article useful then Like us, Share this post on your preferred Social media, Subscribe our Newsletter OR if you have something to say then feel free to comment on the comment box below.
The post HOW TO INSTALL MOZILLA WATERFOX BROWSER IN UBUNTU 16.04 appeared first on Elinuxbook: Linux Tutorials, Guides, Howtos, Tips and Tricks.
This post first appeared on Elinuxbook: Linux Tutorials, Guides, Howtos, Tips And Tricks, please read the originial post: here