While most of the car owners invest a great deal of money and time in caring for their vehicle, they often neglect the Air Conditioning.
It is obvious that the engine will be the main area of focus when it comes to servicing and repairs. However, without the right cooling, it would be next to impossible to enjoy the ride especially if it is a long drive.
The people tend to think about the air Conditioning only when the summers hit. But Auto Air Conditioning system not only provides you the cool and relaxed temperature, but it can also control the dust and moisture, and the car air conditioner will maintain the internal hygiene by preventing odor from your car.
So, you need to enhance the performance of the auto air conditioning system and in this regards, you need to consult with some reputed car mechanics.
Here are some interesting tips that will help you take good care of auto air conditioning:
- Many people assume that air conditioning should be used only during the summers. However, it must be used at least once a week. This will keep its compressor seals lubricated that keeps the conditioning from refrigerating and leaking.
- It is a myth that air conditioning is meant only for cooling the vehicle. However, it also removes humidity from the car. Hence, it is important that you use the auto air conditioning in the winters to avoid fog forming on your windscreen.
- Keep the air conditioning settings to ‘flow through’ ventilation when you are driving your car on the highway or on an open road. This is to keep the carbon dioxide content less than .5%.
- Get a full auto air conditioning servicing done minimum once a year. Ideally, one should get it done before the hotter months commence. This is will ensure that any AC related problems are tackled on time and no one should suffer from the heat wave due to AC malfunction.
How do you maintain your auto air conditioning system?
If you cannot invest your money in specialized auto air conditioning service, then you can ask your mechanic to check the refrigerant level. This way every time you put your car for servicing, you can simply run a check on the air conditioning.
- Do not assume that the regular servicing of the car will have auto air conditioning. This part of servicing is not included in their standard logbook. Hence, you should either inform the services to include in your package or get it done separately.
- You can consult with the mechanic for more details about this matter and they can include this service in their package.
- If you think that you can clean the air conditioning of your vehicle, then you are mistaken. Several hidden crevices can lead to moisture build up.
- Only a professional would be in a better condition to deal with the situation. Chances are the built up might lead to bacteria and fungus. People who are allergic should be careful and get the AC checked often.
- Do not choose any random servicing station for the air conditioning servicing. Go for the authorized centers that understand the makeup of different cars and their air conditioning systems. They will be in a better position to handle the servicing and repairs.
Apart from servicing, there would be repairs if your AC has any damages. The service station will send you the report on servicing and necessary repairs. They might suggest you with certain treatments or replacements.
The post How Do You Maintain Your Auto Air Conditioning System in A Proper Manner? appeared first on A car website with everything about Cars,Trucks,Vans,and SUVs.