When anyone thinks about the Indian Food, then the first thought that comes to their mind is that it is greasy, hot, fatty, spicy, heavy and not at all good for health. Some might say that although curries are spicy but the desserts are exciting, exotic and delicious.
So, it depends on your perception if you like Indian Food or not, but here I will tell you some health benefits of Indian food that will surprise you. Actually, these little benefits generally goes unnoticed by most of the people and that’s why here I am making you aware about them:
1. With Indian food you can enjoy the most amazing array of fresh vegetables and fruits cooked in multiple ways, these ways are kind of special, as they help in retaining the freshness and the nutrients of the fruits and vegetables. If we talk about any other cooking process, then excess of cooking is involved which make the fruits and vegetables to lose their nutrients, but this is not the case with Indian food. So, you can enjoy them in their original form.
2. If we talk about the traditional Indian food, then it involves using fresh ingredients and cooking the dishes from the scratch. This implies that preservatives will be used in the minimal amount and you’ll get to eat healthy food. The authentic way of cooking the Indian food helps to avoid the meals which do not contain nutrients.
3. The spices like red chilli, turmeric, garlic and ginger, which are used in Indian food has healing and medicinal properties. So, if you thing that Indian food is spicy, then you must realise that the spices being used are actually good for the health and enhances the taste of the food.
4. The traditional Indian food incorporates fats, carbohydrates, fibres and proteins. These are the elements that are essential for a balanced diet
5. Also, yogurts and curd are often used in Indian food, these helps in keeping your digestion good. Moreover, these milk products have calcium and prevents you from gaining excess of body fat and will develop insulin resistance.
So, now you know that Indian food is actually very beneficial for your health and body, you must be thinking of giving it a try, the next time you’ll go out for lunch or dinner. If people around you says that it’s not good, then tell them these five benefits and they’ll get surprise too like you are now.
The post Why Indian Food Is Good For Health? appeared first on Indian Bhaskar.