Deadline: 31 March 2017
Open to: people under the age of 30
Scholarship: covers the participation fee for all Alppbach events
Broaden your horizons and attend the European Forum Alpbach
2017 as a student. Immerse yourself in an environment bursting with novel ideas, new ways of thinking and opportunities for making new contacts.
Every summer at the European Forum Alpbach some 700 young people from over 70 nations immerse themselves in a unique environment of new ideas, new ways of thinking and new contacts. This year the programme includes 20 academic seminars chaired by respected scholars and over 200 plenary discussions and breakout sessions on the general theme of “Conflict and Cooperation”..
The offer is aimed at people under the age of 30 who would like to pack their bags with fresh ideas for research and society and head to Alpbach
- A scholarship covers the participation fee for all events.
- Should you not have sufficient funds to cover the costs of your stay, you can apply for an additional grant providing accommodation and a daily allowance for food. Please indicate in your online application if you wish to be considered for this additional grant.
- If you can provide proof of financial support for your studies, you do not need to explain your financial situation in writing.
- However, please include relevant proof (e.g. confirmation that you are receiving the Austrian “Studienbeihilfe” or any other study grants).
How to Apply?
More information on the official website.
- Please include the following information in your online application and prepare your texts in a separate document in advance, as you will not be able to save your texts while filling in the application form;
- Motivational statement (up to 3,000 characters)
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Certificates and Transcripts;
- English Proficiency (non-native speakers only);
- Additional grants for accommodation and daily allowance (for sustenance).
IYPORTAL, we’re dedicated to helping young people succeed. We open doors for youth with a holistic approach that emphasizes life skills in combination with a mix of technical, vocational, and entrepreneurship training. As a result, young people are prepared to enter the workforce, create their own opportunities, and be agents of change in their communities.