Deadline: 20 March, 2017
Open to: international students can apply for Estonian Government Scholarships.
Scholarship: reimburse up to 500 EUR of the course fee and accommodation costs of 25 EUR per day
Estonian national scholarship programme is open for international students, researchers and academic staff – Scholarships for summer and winter schools. The scholarship can be awarded to the BA, MA and PhD students who are enrolled at the Higher Education Institution
abroad at least one year by the time of application. The purpose of the scholarship for short courses is to support participation in short courses of Estonian language and culture organised by the Estonian institutions of higher education as well as in summer and winter schools related to the degree programmes taught in English. A study in Estonia is an official national guide to higher education in the Republic of Estonia and is maintained by the Archimedes Foundation. Their aim is to promote Estonia as an attractive study destination and promote the possibilities for studying for international studentsCourse Level:
Scholarships are available for pursuing Estonian language and culture courses
- Estonian Language Summer Courses in the University of Tartu;
- Estonian Language in Tallinn University;
- Viron kielen kurssit suomalaisille in the University of Tartu;
- The stipend is available for students of Bachelor’s, Masters or doctoral studies in foreign universities who are actively involved in the studies at the time of application and have been studying at university for at least one year;
- During the period of payment of the grant, the scholarship recipient should stay in Estonia;
- The candidate should pre-register to the course for applying for the scholarship.
The scholarship is used to reimburse up to 500 EUR of the course fee and accommodation costs of 25 EUR per day for a maximum of 28 days per secondment in a calendar year.
How to Apply?
In case of short courses the following documents shall be submitted (Application period is from 20.02.2017 to 20.03.2017)
- Application form and motivation letter through online application system
- Confirmation of admission from the higher education institution in Estonia or confirmation of submission of required admission documents;
- A copy of passport or ID-card.
- Transcript of records from the home university;
- Confirmation of registration from home university containing information on the applicant’s level of study, normal period of studies and progress towards the degree;
- Confirmation of admission from organising institution (can be sent by e-mail);
All documents should be in English or Estonian. Documents must be translated to any of these languages if the language of issuance is different. The foundation has the right to require the additional documents. Submitted documents will be not returned to the applicant. The applications which are not full complicated, drawn up as required, include false information or arrive with delay are not assessed.More information on the official website.
IYPORTAL, we’re dedicated to helping young people succeed. We open doors for youth with a holistic approach that emphasizes life skills in combination with a mix of technical, vocational, and entrepreneurship training. As a result, young people are prepared to enter the workforce, create their own opportunities, and be agents of change in their communities.