Adding a new Baby to the family can definitely be a strain on anyone’s budget. Whether it is buying baby gear, diapers, trying to figure out child care costs, you will want to make sure that you stretch your dollar as far as you can. To help you make your dollar stretch further, here are five-easy money-saving tips that will help you make it through the wonder years.
1. Ask friends with older kids for their gently used clothes. Clothes can be extremely expensive. If you have a friend who has older children, when their kids out grow their clothes, see if they will pass them on to you. There is nothing wrong with hand-me-downs!
2. Resist purchasing those cute newborn outfits. Babies out grow their clothing in the blink of an eye, especially newborns! Instead of buying newborn clothing by the truckload, purchase a few items but stock up on clothes that are nine months and beyond and leave the newborn items for baby shower gifts!
3. Buy diapers online with Amazon and save! Diapers are probably one of the most expensive items that you will have to buy baby. Sign up for Amazon Subscribe and save 20% off diapers, wipes, and other baby goods. It’s a money and time saver because your purchases are delivered right to your front door.
4. Buy a double stroller to begin with. Plan on having more than one kid close in age? Well, purchase a double stroller from the beginning so that when baby number two comes, you don’t have to worry about it down the road.
5. Take advantage of insurance for breastfeeding support! Breastfeeding is what is best for baby, but it can be super expensive. With all of the equipment that needs to be purchased for nursing moms, it can get pricey. The Affordable Care Act requires most health plans to cover the cost of support for nursing moms and equipment. Time to double check that policy and make sure that you can save big.
The post HAVING A BABY? HERE ARE 5 EASY WAYS TO SAVE MONEY appeared first on BCK Online.