While it would be nice to go out and buy a ton of new clothing, that’s totes not happening for most of us (a girl can dream, right?).
We must play with the art of transforming our Summer wear into something that is appropriate for the change of seasons. Luckily, it can be really easy!
- Have fun with layers. Feel free to wear a few layers of clothing, starting with something light underneath and ending with your thicker piece of clothing on the outside – jackets on top of your favorite breezy shirt or dress, a large knit sweater over a plain cami. Just make sure not to overdo it; wearing more than three layers is a cry for help most of the time!
- Pull out your favorite tights or leggings. Tights and leggings are forever the center of controversy. When is the right time to wear them? What can you wear them with? One thing is certain – Fall is definitely the best time to pull them out. Transition your fave summer dresses with a cute pair of tights or leggings. It can add a whole new level to the look and provides some needed warmth (well, at least in the states that are starting to get cooler)!
- Just say no to socks and sandals. Just don’t do it.
- Invest in a multi-use jacket that makes a statement. I’m a big jacket person, and as such, I have way too many for Texas. While it’s great having options, it’s important that you find one jacket that can be used for multiple outfits – a statement denim jacket or a black leather jacket. Find the one that speaks to you and rock it!
- These boots were made for walking, and it’s time to bring them out! While we’ve all been avoiding sweaty feet and legs, ’tis the season to start pulling out your fave pair of boots. I love grabbing a cute dress in the fall, and tossing on a nice jacket and a pair of complementary boots to make it really come together for the season.
- Bring your black jumpsuits with you. I’m sure you’re all aware by now that I’m totally in love with jumpsuits and rompers. They’re just way too fun! And the best part about jumpsuits? They’re totally fall / winter appropriate.
- Know that your new favorite accessory will most likely be a scarf. I have an overflowing box of scarves in my closet. They definitely step up the wardrobe game and there’s so many ways to wear them! What’s your scarf style of choice?
What are your favorite ways to transition your summer attire into something perfect for fall? Share and comment below, because I’d love to know!