Another Exciting Career Option in your Kitty
Digital Marketing is Here to Stay
Still confused whether to take that plunge towards being a digital marketing professional? Not sure about the future of the industry in India? Feel that it is a risky proposition? Wondering if you have what it takes to excel in the field?
We understand you. Leaving behind traditionally well-paying jobs for something which is yet to establish itself can be difficult. But here are a few pointers that will help you decide better, if not convince you to go for it. Digital marketing is a booming industry. There are multiple digital marketing courses available online and otherwise, which won't cost you a fortune and will equip you with skills that will stay with you for a lifetime.
Here is why you should consider a career in digital marketing.
Multiple opportunities and openings:
- From careers in Search Engine Optimization to Social Media Marketing; from something as creative as Content Marketing to something as technical as Web Analytics: There is something for everyone.
- It is this variety that makes careers in digital marketing enticing to everyone. Small and large businesses alike require digital marketers. People are becoming more and more internet savvy, use of smartphones is on the rise and companies are embracing digital marketing more than they ever did.
You don’t need to be a tech-freak:
- The word "digital" leads one to believe that digital marketing may require technical expertise. It might require you to know a ton of coding languages or be an expert in complex data analysis. But that is far from the truth.
- A basic understanding of how the digital space works is all that you require and this is something that can be easily attained through a digital marketing course, especially those available in Delhi and Gurgaon.
- All you need is an analytical bent of mind, the ability to tell a story topped with innovation in a mild form. You need to have the desire to keep abreast of the ever-changing digital landscape and you are set to make it big with some time and consistent effort.
Don’t worry if you have no experience:
- Again a myth. Digital marketing is a field where experience will build once you start exploring. Take social media marketing, for instance. All you need is a vision – a creative vision on how you will market your product or service. Since this depends on your caliber, whether you have done it before or not wouldn't matter.
- Moreover, digital marketing is being used by start-ups and small businesses more than anyone else. These small firms/companies who do not have the fortune to spend on their digital marketing campaigns prefer to hire freshers. Large businesses on the other hand generally want someone experienced. It is hence not difficult to find opportunities of multiple sorts.
Courses in Digital Marketing are rather inexpensive and of short duration:
- Be it a digital marketing course online or a digital marketing certification by google, it would not cost you much.
- Pieces of training are brief and crisp, sometimes free of cost. Digital marketing courses are offered in renowned institutes like MICA and IIM as well. For those who want it to be part time, there are numerous small institutes offering courses for a durations of 2-3 months.
Limited Competition and more Growth Opportunities:
- Since the industry is still in a nascent stage and people are only just getting to learn more about the spectrum of opportunities it offers, it is wise to enter at this point to get sort of a “first mover’s advantage”.
- There is a lack of trained and certified digital marketing professionals since people are only becoming aware of the inevitability of the field. It is fresh, new and you can learn a lot, more thoroughly. It is the right time to set your foot and grow without any hindrance. You can rise to the top in lesser time and then lead the future growth in the industry.
It is a Dynamic and Out-of-the-Box career option:
- This is not like one of your regular desk jobs. There is no question of getting bored or drown away in monotony. The digital space is dynamic and evolving. There is something new every day. Trends change with the drop of a hat. There is enormous scope for creativity.
- With all of this, digital marketing careers can be quite fulfilling. While you try hard to keep yourself up-to-date, it will be exciting to see how much you will have to explore. This is far from mundane and provides enormous scope for ideas and creative juices to keep flowing.
You can earn well, really well:
- The median salaries in digital marketing are lucrative. For a manager, this is INR 409,607 per annum and the range is INR 185,221 – INR 1,158,156 per annum. What’s even more interesting is that an entry level digital marketing manager could make anything from INR 176,826 to INR 826,322 per annum.
- Now that is something fulfilling for people who are confused whether or not to make a career in this field. The starting pay can be great and if you're good at it, career opportunities can be extremely rewarding.
- The icing on the cake is that digital marketing is here to stay with India looking to become more and more "digital" in future. Career growth opportunities in digital marketing have never been so encouraging.
The digital marketing platform is evolving and the digital landscape in India is quite promising. For a graduate/post-graduate in business or marketing, there could not have been a better time to graduate. For mid-level professionals too, there is a lot of scope of enhancing your existing skill set. Digital marketing is here to stay and it is wisest to embrace it NOW!
Reference by :
The post why a Digital Marketing Course can be your best bet at picking up a job appeared first on skillzlearn.
This post first appeared on LIVE Online Instructor Led Course In Digital Marketing : Pros And Cons - Skillzlearn, please read the originial post: here