Digital India – Smarter India
Never before has India seen such upswings in internet usage. With the government of India envisaging a completely "Digital India" and people becoming more and more tech-savvy, "Digital" has become the new buzzword. But what is this campaign all about? What does it hold for the future of Indian business and industry? How does it translate into more job opportunities for the youth? What exactly is the scope of digital marketing in India? Let's have a look!
Understanding “Digital India”
- In the last few years, the wave of digitization seems to have swept the country. Technology is no more restricted to the elite and the educated. Neither is it limited to big corporate houses. Technology in India today, is for anyone and everyone.
- The Indian government’s flagship programme “Digital India” has been making consistent strides in ensuring that Information Technology reaches and benefits all. The prime objective has been to make government services available to all citizens electronically.
- But the larger objective is to transform India into a knowledge economy by improving online infrastructure, thus promoting an inclusive growth. Mobile apps, internet portals, e-governance, electronic payments and what not: The whole country is learning and growing. Rural India is a part of this revolution, and India is indeed emerging as a “digitally powered society and knowledge economy”.
- The future of Digital India looks promising with Government of India's ‘India Digital Plan' 2019 which promises that 250,000 villages in India will have internet and all public places will have Wi-Fi.
Digital India and Scope of Digital Marketing
Some recent statistics about internet usage in India have a promising story to tell.
- Internet penetration in India is 34.8% - A significant increase since the launch of “Digital India”
- India’s share in world internet users is 13.5%
- India is the second largest online market in the world
- India is set to overtake the US to emerge as the second largest smartphone market
- Digital Buyer penetration in India is more than 43%
Now aren’t these some really mind-boggling facts?
With such high penetration and such huge potential, “Digital Marketing is quite a booming industry. With the increasing influence and spread of the internet in the country, the future of digital marketing seems rather bright. Quite obviously, as more and more people become familiar with the uses of the internet, digital marketing has a lot of scope in the country.
What “Digital India” means for jobs
With the government’s endeavor to create a “Digital India” through the launch of various initiatives and platforms, there has been a spurt in job opportunities for those “digitally” skilled. The government has been looking for App developers, software developers, graphic designers and various other experts. As technology is being made a “way of life”, many industry bigwigs plan to invest crores of rupees in the digital space. This would, in turn, create lakhs of jobs for the Indian youth.
Digital Marketing and Career Options
With the "Digital India" buzz all over and the positive employment climate it creates, the options for digital marketing professionals are plenty. Careers in the field can be promising in terms of opportunities for career building and growth as well as in monetary terms. In an industry which is over worth $68 billion and boasts of a growth rate of 40%, jobs opportunities are more lucrative than ever before. What are the fields in which options are open: Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Social Media Marketing (SMM), Email Marketing, Content Marketing and Web Analytics.
What can you be? You can be a
- Digital Marketing Manager who leads the digital marketing team
- SEO Executive who works on websites to optimize these for search engines so that it shows at top of search engine results
- SMM Expert who builds and executes social media strategy and optimizes content on various social media channels to engage with customers
- Content Marketing Manager who manages blogs and e-book publications among other things.
- Search Engine Specialist who targets the number of leads and clicks from the given marketing budget and performs analysis, keyword research, bid management, split testing the ad campaigns, and plans ad copywriting.
In addition, one could also be a Conversion Rate Optimizer who works to increase the conversion ratio at each stage or an Inbound Marketing Manager who manages conversions at each stage.
How much money can you make?
- The median salaries in digital marketing are lucrative. For a manager, this is INR 409,607 per annum and the range is INR 185,221 – INR 1,158,156 per annum. What’s even more interesting is that an entry level digital marketing manager could make anything from INR 176,826 to INR 826,322 per annum.
- Now that is something fulfilling for people who are confused whether or not to make a career in this field. The starting pay can be great and if you’re good at it, career opportunities can be extremely rewarding. The icing on the cake is that digital marketing is here to stay with India looking to become more and more “digital” in future. Career growth in the digital marketing arena has never been so encouraging.
Indian Companies are embracing Digital Marketing.
- Digital marketing has been expanding at the fastest pace vis-à-vis other forms of marketing. Digital advertising spend was reported at close to 12% in 2016. In 2017, it is anticipated that digital ad spending in India will surpass $1 billion, amounting to 14.7% of the total advertising outlays and then 20.2% by 2020.
- The numbers present a positive picture of the future of digital marketing in India. The e-commerce industry is at the forefront of digital marketing. Big names like Flipkart and Amazon are known to be sending at least 3 promotional e-mails a week to each of its customers. Use of e-wallets like Paytm and Mobikwik has been on the rise. India's smartphone market is enormous.
- People of all age groups are spending more and more time on digital platforms, they are embracing change and newness. Digital marketing is here to stay and the industry is poised for growth.
Reference By :
The post What you must know about Digital India and Scope of Digital Marketing in India appeared first on skillzlearn.
This post first appeared on LIVE Online Instructor Led Course In Digital Marketing : Pros And Cons - Skillzlearn, please read the originial post: here