Are you a good writer but not a technical person?, don’t you know anything about designing a blog and how to get
advertisements for that blog? Congrats, you are in the right place to learn.
I am not going to write 1000 lines and make you quit even before your first step.
It’s easy to create a blog with wordpress because it involves just “drag and drop” and editing an existing template.
Follow the simple steps below and spend two to three hours, your blog will be ready.
Go with self hosting
Do not use web hosting provided by wordpress(Space where your website resides). This has number of limitations more importantly
advertisements from third-party ad networks like Google AdSense, OpenX, Lijit, BuySellAds, and Vibrant Media are not allowed on WordPress.com. WordPress hosting not even allow third party plugins while designing your blog template.
Already number of websites providing the step by step tutorial to create a self hosting blog. So, I am not going to duplicate it again. Just follow the below URL to design your blog and buy a domain(www.yourdomain.com). After the completion of blog design start from point 2(how to get approval for ads) to add advertisements for your blog.
Step 1: Get Started
How to get approval for ads
Each ad network has its own process for approval. Among all ad networks getting approval from google adsense is challenging because the payment is good. The very blog which you are reading now was rejected by
adsense in second level because most of the content here are shared from Quora and not unique :).So for my blog I went with infolinks ad network. I explained about infolinks after google adsense in this post.
Google Adsense approval process
To get approval from google adsense it’s good if your blog meets the following criteria,
- Blog should attract resonable traffic each day.
- Content of the blog need to be unique.
- Need enough text content. Only images and videos would not work.
- For blogs from Asian region it’s good to wait for 6 months before applying for google adsense.
- Try to index your site in search engines like google, yahoo, bing etc.
When you meet the above criteria following are the steps to get approval.
- Sign up with google adsense and submit your website URL. Google will review your site and reply to your email with in a week. https://www.google.com/adsense/start/#?modal_active=none Once your first level is approved, you can login in to your adsense account and view the menus. If it is rejected then correct the mistakes which adsense sent through mail and reapply.
- After login in to adsense account, in home page you can find a code. Just copy it and paste below your header.html as shown in screenshot below.
Google will again email you with in 2 weeks(may vary) with the result. Once this step is approved you can copy the ad code and paste in your wordpress text widget.
Infolinks approval process
- Sign up with infolinks.
- After sign up infolinks will reply within two days about your request.
- In between you can download the wordpress plugin which you can able to see after sign up.
- Upload the plugin in your wordpress and activate it as shown below.Once approved ads will appear in blog automatically
- You can customize it in infolinks webpage after login with your credential.