Obscura Day is an annual celebration of discovery, and a time to visit a hidden treasure in your hometown, or to roam further afield. On Saturday April 16, 2016, Atlas Obscura will be leading more than 200 unusual, curious, and wondrous expeditions in more than 30 states and on six continents.
2016 Obscura Day
Saturday, April 16, 2016
San Francisco Bay Area
Cost: Each event differs but prices range from FREE to $20
> 2016 Bay Area “Obscura Day” Events
2016 Highlights include:
- Detour San Francisco ($5) – Take your pick from a selection of unusual and historic Bay Area locations and head out on an audio adventure
- Berkeley Mail Carrier Training Adventure ($8) – An interactive fiction/puzzle hunt/alternate reality game adventure set in picturesque Berkeley.
- The Kingdom of Boomeria (FREE in Santa Cruz) – Enter a magical world of science, music and history as we explore the Kingdom of Boomeria.
- Magic and History in the Tenderloin ($15) – Join magician Christian Cagigal as he weaves mysteries and stories in a museum dedicated to one of San Francisco’s oldest and most unique neighborhoods.
- Ghost Signs of SF ($20) – Explore the vintage advertisements revealed by our changing cityscape.
- Letterform Archive ($20) – Explore thousands of years of lettering in this exquisite archive, from medieval manuscripts to Fillmore concert posters.
Obscura Day is sponsored by Atlas Obscura, a guide to the world’s wonders, curiosities, and esoterica created by an inquisitive team of travelers with a serious case of wanderlust.
The post Obscura Day 2016: Discover Hidden Local Gems | SF Bay Area appeared first on FunCheapSF.com.
This post first appeared on Free & Cheap Events & Things To Do In The San Francisco Bay Area | Funcheap, please read the originial post: here