The building has stories to tell
It can tell about first being built as an electric plant before being converted to manufacturing in 1905. There are memories of 1916 when it became the first Dodge dealership outside Detroit, later becoming a Willys-Overland-Whippet car dealership. But Hudson Sales & Service is its claim to fame, as Carl Miller sold Hudson cars here for 25 years, until 1958, as the world's last Hudson dealer. This building really found its voice in 1995, reborn as the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum.
(Upper right photo caption)
Carl L. Miller. Photo courtesy of Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum.
(Lower left photo caption)
Museum, 1999. Photo courtesy of Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum.
(Lower middle photo caption)
Show Room, 1946, waiting for first new car after WW II. Photo courtesy of Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum.
(Lower right photo caption)
Carl Miller's Hudson Sales & Service sold 1,969 new Hudson, Essex, Terraplane, Rambler, and Metropolitan automobiles, and one 1957 Nash.
(Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles) Includes location, directions, 8 photos, GPS coordinates, map.